On board computer goosed

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Car went in for a service yesterday at TotalVAG, but they found a problem when trying to run a diagnostics on it. They tried using 2 different computers and cables but it wont pick up any signal!
They think it's a sensor that's gone somewhere which isnt allowing the signal to get to or from the ecu?
Is this something any1 else has had so I know where abouts to start looking? Quite concerning really and I don't want to take it back in if it's going to take hours to find and cost loads! :confused:

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Has he got a similar issue then Alex? I was told it can be cased by installing 3rd party equipment but all I have is the custom headunit install, which has been in there for years...

JB!

Toight loike a Toiger
Has he got a similar issue then Alex? I was told it can be cased by installing 3rd party equipment but all I have is the custom headunit install, which has been in there for years...

Just get him to plug in VagCom an see if it fails the same way too, if not then you know the car is ok.

JB!

Toight loike a Toiger
You could try Ali, We checked it on our VAS 5052A and VAGCOM with different leads and both wouldnt do it. Its bound to be a wiring fault somewhere.

yeah, it just eliminates the "its the machine" reason, once is unusual, twice starts alarm bells, thrice means its defo foooooooked. :(

plus he's ex SEAT, so might know a quick fix or usual fault.

Backdraft

Your car always had that problem even when Dave owned it and before the stereo was fitted. Just had to pop the fuse for the old stereo and it ran diags fine.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Cool thanks for the replies chaps! I'm not getting email notifications when people reply anymore so I apologise for not responding sooner!
I now seem to remember you taking the fuse out Alex thanks for that.

Hey Bondy I don't know if you or Greig recall the issue i mentioned about a strange noise when rolling away very slowly... kinda rubbing/feedback, vibrating noise? Pretty sure it's the 'teeth' on the abs setup thats rubbing. Couldn't push the brake pedal down the other day with forcing it!

I need to arrange to bring it over again...

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
i would of said pull a fuse. althought i cant see it being the computer at fault.

and you need to set notification up in your settings or at the top of the thread itself.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
check in your user cp screen as in the list it maybe de selected now. if you click on show all subscriptions it might show as no notification

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
user cp - list subscriptions - check notications - all checked to instant. Come out of the page and they're all unchecked again!