Opinions on Toyo T1's

John-Cupra_TDI

Aug 27, 2007
Near Glasgow
Had a set of Toyo T1-R's on my C2 vtr, the level of grip was superb in the dry, and not too bad in the wet too. They only lasted about 8K. They don't last as long as some other tyres, but you can't have everything. lol

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
eagle f1's are no longer available and places that are selling them, will be old stock

(according to my parts department)

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
I think T1-Rs wear too quickly as I have said before
Have been studying various reviews and having put just about every tyre on mytyres test reviews into my analysis spreadsheet I have two conculsions;

- Michelin Pilot Exaltos are the best tyres that money can buy. They are also rated the best for wear so maynot actually work out as expensive as they look for anyone who wants to keep their car for a while. I have just bought a bargain price pair of part worns to test so will feed back in the new year when they are fitted and have has some use

- the best cheaper tyre look like Fulda Carat Exelero. Not brilliant in the dry (but I think most modern tyres have heaps of grip in the dry anyway) but rated better than T1-Rs in the wet, as good as GSD3s, better in freezing conditions, better for comfort, better for noise and better for wear than either of the others. Infact they are the only tyres rated as comfortable and hard wearing as Michelins and are the only tyres to better Michelins for noise. And lets just recap - better than T1-Rs in the wet and as good as GSD3s. Here is the good news - they are £10 a corner cheaper than T1-Rs, £20 than GSD3 and £30 less than Michelins

Look like an Ibiza/Fabia/Polo bargain to me

Anyone tried them? I will infuture but could be a longtime befoe my Michelins have died

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Michelins aren't as good in the dry as the toyo's, and cost a fortune, Goody eage f1 gsd3's are slightly better than the toyo's but arent worth the xtra cash! I run the new toyo proxes 4's on mine and they give awesome traction in the wet and dry and seem to be wearing pretty well! :D

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Yes, but they cost even more than the f1 gsd3's and even if they do last longer than the f1's or toyo's which admittedly do wear quickly if you drive 'enthusiatically' you are looking at over £100 more for a full set! Unless u know somewhere cheap to get em from mate? :)

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
What size? Goody eagle f1's are £80 a corner for mine from camskill, so the'll cost about £90 a corner for the michelin's or £360 for a full set, er think ill stick with the toyo's at £55 a corner, my pockets aren't deep enough!!! :lol:

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
What size?
Ibiza size! 205/45x16
£57 Fulda
£67 T1-R
£76 GSD3
£87 Exalto

Anyway. I'll report on Exalto wear rate next year. But Fulda's are the bargain by all the test result on Mytyres

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
toyos do wear quick if u drive like u stole the car, but I change my tyre regularly anyway. Like to know I have a decent tread depth even if the tread thats on is legal.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
What size?
Ibiza size! 205/45x16
£57 Fulda
£67 T1-R
£76 GSD3
£87 Exalto

Anyway. I'll report on Exalto wear rate next year. But Fulda's are the bargain by all the test result on Mytyres

Fine if u have 16's, for those of us who have 17's they are a bit too expensive!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members