Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

Mao

Apr 27, 2010
Birmingham
Definitly painfull! Its a dsg but the shifts were fine. Pulled well also. I know what you mean about a lot of work for a noise but I'm concerned if I don't get it sorted it may cause more damage. Although, maybe I should just leave it. Hmm

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Definitly painfull! Its a dsg but the shifts were fine. Pulled well also. I know what you mean about a lot of work for a noise but I'm concerned if I don't get it sorted it may cause more damage. Although, maybe I should just leave it. Hmm

Difficult one to decide on, kind of damned if you damned if you don't... I'd want them to be a bit more confident they knew what it was before they started playing with the gear box and clutch...

Mao

Apr 27, 2010
Birmingham
Mechanic recons the noise is coming from the flywheel. So I need to decide if I want to try a new one (£600) in hope it solves it. Or I live with it. They recon the gearbox is fine.

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
There are quite a few posts on here about the fly wheel might be worth reading some to give you an idea of what to expect?

Mao

Apr 27, 2010
Birmingham
£950 poorer, but no squeak. It was the flywheel. Jesus, never expected it'd cost that much to cure! Count yourself lucky SeatJay!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members