Order time & CarPlay

Apr 30, 2023
Hi all - new to the forum, so hello!

Brand new Xcellence Lux DSG + Driver asst high package ordered about a month ago for the Mrs - really lovely little cars and were excited to get it!

Is the CarPlay via USB only?

Also, has anyone else ordered in the last month or so / this year? How long are you having to wait?

May 16, 2019
I ordered an Xcellence Lux, manual, with sunroof and high safety package on the 15/02/23 and took delivery today. CarPlay wireless and via USB according to the instructions when I was configuring the car earlier. I prefer to plug in as it improves sound quality.

Reactions: Stretch86
Jan 17, 2023
West Midlands
I ordered an Xcellence Lux, manual, with sunroof and high safety package on the 15/02/23 and took delivery today. CarPlay wireless and via USB according to the instructions when I was configuring the car earlier. I prefer to plug in as it improves sound quality.
Assuming there's nothing different between the FR and the Xcellence Lux it will be wireless like in mine.

When I ordered my FR DSG back in october I was initially told Feb delivery by the dealer but the salesman said realistically it'd be April. Low and behold it kept getting pushed back until it arrived yesterday.

When I was collecting the salesman passed comment that he had heard through the grapevine that there is / might be a shortage of the DSG boxes due to demand (Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news!).

May 10, 2020
I ordered an Xcellence Lux DSG + XL safety and driving pack and my estimated build week keeps getting pushed back and back and back. Currently build week is estimated to be next week but who can say for sure? Order was placed in June 2022 and build was originally estimated as March...

Apr 30, 2023
I ordered an Xcellence Lux DSG + XL safety and driving pack and my estimated build week keeps getting pushed back and back and back. Currently build week is estimated to be next week but who can say for sure? Order was placed in June 2022 and build was originally estimated as March...
Surely not!? They’re only quoting 4 months for build now. Are you are they’ve not missed your order!?

May 10, 2020
Surely not!? They’re only quoting 4 months for build now. Are you are they’ve not missed your order!?
I'm assured they've not, but I've been wondering the same thing. It's a lease so I'm not in direct contact with the dealer unfortunately. If build date gets moved again I'm asking them to dig deeper and investigate the possibility that it might have been overlooked somehow

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

Lead times could vary depending on model and equipment levels; if there are still supply chain issues with certain components (e.g. semiconductors) then it might not be possible to complete the build of cars with certain items of equipment. Those cars may be partially built and then moved into storage pending further deliveries of specific parts / components needed to complete the build. That’s what’s been happening with VAG brands; some other manufacturers - e.g. BMW and Ford - have been building cars with missing or lower level items of equipment to reduce lead times.

Also, don’t overlook the fact that some less scrupulous dealers may quote unrealistic lead times to get a customer to commit to placing an order 🤔.

May 10, 2020
UPDATE: Had confirmation today my car has been built and left the factory on May 29th :D Looking at up to 8 weeks for delivery due to transport delays, but they think realistically it'll be quicker than that based on when others are coming in.

Apr 30, 2023
Great news @cm79

Ours now has a scheduled build slot of week 26 (end of June), with delivery expected mid-August, so I’m hoping it may come a little sooner! Ordered 3rd week in March, so a little over what they said lead time wise, but better that I was potentially worrying about! What colour did you go for?

Reactions: cm79
May 10, 2020
Great news @cm79

Ours now has a scheduled build slot of week 26 (end of June), with delivery expected mid-August, so I’m hoping it may come a little sooner! Ordered 3rd week in March, so a little over what they said lead time wise, but better that I was potentially worrying about! What colour did you go for?
That's good news, hopefully you don't have to wait too long :)

I went for magnetic grey for mine... was a choice between that and the desire red. Can't remember what eventually made my mind up to go for the grey but I did see them both and it's a lovely colour and looks super smart in the flesh, as it were.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.