Paint work.

faydc001

hey im looking to paint my mk4
its currently silver, and was going to go for black
just wondering thoughts where on this and if you have dun it how much did it cost you?

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
My guess would be in the thousands if the job was done right - engine out/door sills ect.

Have you thought about vinyl wraping? bout £1K for a good job, and can be undone whenever you want.

Aimez

I love my black car but hate it too the bonnet is covered in white stone chips. Seriously if you want another colour you will prob nearly spend the price of a slightly older ibiza in black to get it re sprayed! If you must go for a custom colour but I think your mad!

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
I agree, sell up and buy a black car.

I love the look of the Ibiza in Black. I've just moved away from black (not purposely), but I had forgotten how an "off black" / lighter colour is far easier to keep clean, black is a nightmare.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
get a custom paintjob, dont get a respray on somethin that can be bought, i would only ever respray if car was completly needing it , i wanted a custom paintjob or was rich enough

Deleted member 13581

Ive seen a silver TT with a white vinyl wrap done and it looked painted. Even had a shine to it.

Would look into that 1st if you wat to keep your car. But in my opinion sell up and buy a black 1. :lol:

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
black ibiza & black nissan pathfinder, i hate washing the cars:cry:! show up all the scatches:wtf:

but look good occaionally[B)]

if you do go for a respray go for a real custom colour

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.