Parcel shelf rubber bumper

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
Tracked down a rattle in the rear of the car, to a missing rubber bumper on the parcel shelf. A quick search and this tiny part appears to be extortionately priced!

Anyone know where they are not priced more than gold bullion ?

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Yes, yes I know stating the effing obvious but have you, checked ALL the nooks and crannies AND moved the rear seats?

You might find it in the last place you look for it.

In the meantime rolled up gaffer tape could solve the rattle 👍

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
Yes, yes I know stating the effing obvious but have you, checked ALL the nooks and crannies AND moved the rear seats?

You might find it in the last place you look for it.

In the meantime rolled up gaffer tape could solve the rattle 👍
Yeah, had a good look. Wondering if it was ever there in the first place

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
I would check out breakers including eBay, reclaimit, synetiq and so on, for a cheaper one. It’ll help if you find out if it’s the same on another car like VW golf which it probably will be! Lastly, always worth checking out AliExpress for little parts like this. Good luck!

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Tracked down a rattle in the rear of the car, to a missing rubber bumper on the parcel shelf. A quick search and this tiny part appears to be extortionately priced!

Anyone know where they are not priced more than gold bullion ?
Same with the parcel shelf itself. The mk2 I'm buying is missing it's shelf. Had a look on Amazon & ebay and saw prices as high as £102. Second hand, about £30 to £40

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members