H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Got a trusted independent check it over. They said Seat were being overly cautious. Quoting me for work that didn’t need doing, yet. The bushes are worn, but not to the point of replacement. Obviously the whole arm does not need replacing, as the bushes are available separately. And the whole rocker cover and rocker cover gasket don’t need replacing either. They’re gonna price the work up they think needs doing, and get back to me 🤞🏼

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
They said the level of work Seat said needed doing, doesn’t actually need doing. They can replace the bushes without having to replace the whole arm, which Seat said was not possible. They are supplying Powerflex bushes.

And the whole rocker cover gasket does not need replacing, just a couple of seals. The injectors don’t have to come out all the seals don’t have to come out and the the injectors don’t have to be adapted. This is why it’s cheaper.

Is it worth contacting Seat and saying “why are you trying fleece me and take me for a mug?”, or words to that affect.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It is really not a "good look" for SEAT workshops, I have yet to get all the info from my older daughter concerning "jobs outstanding" on her May 2019 Leon Cupra, I would have thought that she has been sent out a price to replace the brake fluid, rear pads and diff fluid. Jobs that no doubt I'll offer to take care of.

Last edited: