Pete's Copper Cupra Build/Rebuild Thread! RIP, now in the scrappy in the sky :(

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Bike carbs are fun, sound good, and cheap (with good power gains)
But tbh why do you wanna go back to carbs? I would stick to the TB idea, as its more sophisticated (and with bike carbs your MPG will literally be 8-15mpg lol)

If you are interested in bike carbs, look at "ibiza 95" he put an ABF in his mk1 golf, and bike carb'd it :)

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Bike carbs are fun, sound good, and cheap (with good power gains)
But tbh why do you wanna go back to carbs? I would stick to the TB idea, as its more sophisticated (and with bike carbs your MPG will literally be 8-15mpg lol)

If you are interested in bike carbs, look at "ibiza 95" he put an ABF in his mk1 golf, and bike carb'd it :)

im not after bike carbs im after bike throttle bodies;)

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
nope there not bike throttle bodies are amazing i can pick em up cheap off a triumph,

i would cut the inlet manifold down to just before the bend on the head and put em there so they are like normal throttle bodies BUT cost about a tenth of the price :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
cool, learn something new everyday, you will have to tune the length to allow better air flow (using shockwaves to put more air in) slightly researched it for my uni course, very impressive!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
i HATE the orange wheels there going anthracite sooooooooon when i pull my finger out! lol

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
anyone know how low i should go on coliovers?

If its for handling and you don't want to pay silly monies for some corner weighing then drop it until the front arms are paralel with the ground.

If it stance your after, drop it until your happy......you need to think about drivability and component limits though ;) Sound old don't I? :happy:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
If its for handling and you don't want to pay silly monies for some corner weighing then drop it until the front arms are paralel with the ground.

If it stance your after, drop it until your happy......you need to think about drivability and component limits though ;) Sound old don't I? :happy:

nope not old but wise [B)]

im probably gonna get it corner weighted up and tracked

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
64353_483894845852_519525852_7286322_596262_n.jpg

old vs new!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
so little update
purchased a set of these bad boys
_vyr_343GZIC-650X.jpg

cant fit em yet as i have tonsilitus [:@][:@]:censored::censored: rest assured they wil be in soon!

also decided im doing a whole service on the car, bought some magnatec 10.40 semi synth oil :) gonna run some engine flush through and change all my filters! oil air petrol! got a Kand N panel filter winging its way to me for 10 notes [B)] did the plugs last week!

but due to tonsil:censored:itis nothigns happening!:censored::censored:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
ok couldnt stand being cooped up any longer! speakers are 3/4s finished just need to drill the hole for 2nd tweeter and glue in and its all done! they sound foookin sweeet!! so clear!! :) pics up tomorow day time hopefully! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.