Pete's Copper Cupra Build/Rebuild Thread! RIP, now in the scrappy in the sky :(

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
How could you get the car corner weighted? You haven't got coilovers??

every corner of the car has to weight the same, worked out if we moves some stuff from front to back and made bits lighter, took bits out out em in diffrent places the weight balanced out more.
gonna do it again when i have coilovers, but the car is more responsive as it is now.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
What can you move really, apart from the battery?? I know corner weighted had my car set up twice now! And it's not all about "balance" you can make the weight behave how you want it. Like my 1st set up was balanced but under braking the car would become slightly unbalanced, it's now set up with a bit more weight over the passenger side rear so under braking and turn in it's more balanced.... where time can really be made up on track!

Once the coilovers are fitted you can do it probably and just raise/lower corners until it's how you want it! Only way to set up coilover IMO!!!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
What can you move really, apart from the battery?? I know corner weighted had my car set up twice now! And it's not all about "balance" you can make the weight behave how you want it. Like my 1st set up was balanced but under braking the car would become slightly unbalanced, it's now set up with a bit more weight over the passenger side rear so under braking and turn in it's more balanced.... where time can really be made up on track!

Once the coilovers are fitted you can do it probably and just raise/lower corners until it's how you want it! Only way to set up coilover IMO!!!

its project GRIP [B)] i had a project drift but that ended up in a lamppost at 70ish sideways bmw battered(still ran striaght and true and drove fine BUT had a massive dent) but it did its job i survived and i laughed about it!

but yeah as soon as i get coilovers its going back to my spanner man.

going to stick a varley red top in the boot hopefully[B)]

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
no I didn't mean it in a bad way mate, as I thought I seen it up for more, but then not, thought I was going mad lol

so what you getting next?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise