PHEV fuse recall

stutre

Jan 20, 2022
Had my car booked in at Doncaster for this work and having read this forum, decided to check if Doncaster could actually do it because the person I spoke to was not aware of the recall. It turns out that while they are a BCC, the technicians aren't fully trained yet so cannot do the work. No date was given as to when they will be fully trained.

Feb 21, 2022
It seems that the BCCs aren't ready to do the work yet; I've been added to the list at Telford which is my nearest and they are still awaiting stuff to be able to start the work, so no booking yet.

In addition - I'm still getting conflicting information about transport of the vehicle, the BCC said this was the responsibility of the local dealer, yet the local dealer says it's the BCC that should arrange it.

And as for Seat customer services, I've had 3 different answers from them.. so about as clear as mud..

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
It seems that the BCCs aren't ready to do the work yet; I've been added to the list at Telford which is my nearest and they are still awaiting stuff to be able to start the work, so no booking yet.

In addition - I'm still getting conflicting information about transport of the vehicle, the BCC said this was the responsibility of the local dealer, yet the local dealer says it's the BCC that should arrange it.

And as for Seat customer services, I've had 3 different answers from them.. so about as clear as mud..

Interesting that Telford is one of the BCCs as I'm local to Telford should my car be impacted.

I'm conscious that this is the Seat Leon section of the forum rather than the Cupra Leon but I suspect it's the same fuse used across both marques (perhaps?!?)

stutre

Jan 20, 2022
Interesting that Telford is one of the BCCs as I'm local to Telford should my car be impacted.

I'm conscious that this is the Seat Leon section of the forum rather than the Cupra Leon but I suspect it's the same fuse used across both marques (perhaps?!?)
My car is a CUPRA Formentor and I got a letter so i imagine it’s multiple platforms.

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
My car is a CUPRA Formentor and I got a letter so i imagine it’s multiple platforms.
Cheers for the confirmation.

As my car is leased Seat/Cupra customer service refuse, quite abruptly, to discuss any aspect of the car with me, including recalls, and the lease company just default to "we've checked but we can't find a letter from Cupra".

As a result, mine could be due a recall and I'm none the wiser.

stutre

Jan 20, 2022
Not sure what anyone else thinks, the letter states the fuse may have insufficient fire extinguishing sand in it but we are going to get an additional insulating blanket fitted. There is no mention of replacing the faulty part. Seems a bit odd to me that the faulty component isn't being replaced. I'm asking the executive office for an answer, no point speaking to customer lack of care.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Reactions: .Griff.

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
Been trying to sort out my recall this week. Four calls to Marshall Seat Leicester and not yet spoken to anyone. Always promise me the aftersales manager will call me back. Which of course she never does.
Have spoken to Seat Derby who gave me the Seat UK helpline number who gave me the Seat Telford number as the nearest centre who can fix it.

Seat at Telford were very helpful and have addded me to the list. It seems they haven't started the work yet as they haven't received all the tools and training yet. So it's going to be months wait rather than weeks.

Sorting a courtesy car and transport may be interesting as this is apparently my lease companies responsibility. I think I'll worry about that nearer the time.

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
Been trying to sort out my recall this week. Four calls to Marshall Seat Leicester and not yet spoken to anyone. Always promise me the aftersales manager will call me back. Which of course she never does.
Have spoken to Seat Derby who gave me the Seat UK helpline number who gave me the Seat Telford number as the nearest centre who can fix it.

Seat at Telford were very helpful and have addded me to the list. It seems they haven't started the work yet as they haven't received all the tools and training yet. So it's going to be months wait rather than weeks.

Sorting a courtesy car and transport may be interesting as this is apparently my lease companies responsibility. I think I'll worry about that nearer the time.

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
To be honest I have spoke to my dealer about the recall like others has said that it’s now available to do in Newport and could of booked me in, I declined and asked to be last. Mainly because the mechanics have just been trained and new tools put in place for the first time, they can basically practice on other peoples before training on mine.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022
I've still not had any update from the dealer, last info I had was that my nearest BCC could be around November time. Has anyone actually had this work carried out yet?

Despite what Seat say, I'm currently apprehensive about using the car with this potential fault; especially since I'm charging/discharging the HV battery quite often.

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
I’m in a similar situation except SEAT UK have now closed the case and passed it back to my local dealer who will organise the recall activity when more BCC centres are introduced.

I did ask about the safety implications of driving the car, as like you I charge after every journey. However it affects a number of VAG PHEVs.

Cars are being recalled on a global scale and the risk has been deemed as minimal, had it been safety related ie airbag then they would supply a replacement car until rectified.

I would be surprised if they don’t get around to doing the recall until next year.

On another matter SOS issues started a few weeks ago. SOS Control unit on back order, no forecast of a delivery time or forecast date for repair.

halder

Feb 17, 2022
Spoke to my dealer about this, apparently they haven't got certification to work on the batteries yet. its in Progress.....
they have around 30 people waiting for this recall at their garage.

Feb 21, 2022
Dropped the car off for a service this morning, and my local dealer advised that they are just waiting for one more tool and they'll be able to start the recall work. Apparently the technicians are all certified, just the tooling.

Definitely still apprehensive about using the vehicle with this risk still, but sounds like we're making progress at least.

That's sounding a lot more promising than it did a few months ago.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members