Recall -airbag wiring

Jul 28, 2022
Hi guys,
I had a letter today to say my Leon has to go in as the wrong for the airbag was potentially installed incorrectly and that it may have been installed with the clutch so may have friction and display an airbag warning light.
I called the dealer and they said there is another recall that takes a couple of days to do with software. But I can’t find anything about this. Even reading the forum has left me confused.
i don’t want them to do anything without me knowing what it does. Does anyone know what this is or likely does? Especially as I’m moving so want it sorted first and can’t be without a car.

thanks.

Jul 28, 2022
i know about the wiring harness. What concerns me is that when I called to book it in. The dealer told me that the car had to be in for a few days for another recall just called it a ‘software update’.
whoch concerns me as to why it takes so long and why I can’t find anything about it. As I don’t think it’s a recall as opposed to just an update to the infotainment?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
If your car is one of the earlier models then the software seems incapable of updating itself, instead an extensive reinstall and module reprogramming is required which takes days and can lead to numerous issues. There are several threads on this, most of the problems get sorted but you'll probably still have a few new ones afterward.

Jul 28, 2022
Thanks! In that case I’ll ask them not to do it as I need my car to move house so can’t be without it or with any issues and will get it booked in for that after my move.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.