Picked up my new cupra r !

AdcupraR

Jul 16, 2017
Evening

So I picked up my first lcr yesterday it's a 03 plate so has the amk engine I believe

It's got a stage 1 revo map running 260 bhp
I've even told it's ready for a stage 2 map but I'm unsure weather this is the case

Spec as follows

Blue flame down pipe
Blue flame cat back
200 cell sports cat
Front mount intercooler (wellycooler ) it's quite large I must say
Forge tip
Forge 007 recirculation valve

Open cone filter with heat shield (amd)
All hoses are forge silicone

Unsure if it has a new fpr

Track slag charge pipe
N249 delete
That's all I can think of at the moment

Is this ready for stage 2 ?

KilgallonCupraR

May 25, 2017
To me it dose sound ready for stage 2, I would give it a full service before hand tho, and make sure you do that cam belt.

You want it running at its best ready for the mapping, if you don't car could go pop. I would recommend big full service, e.g. New oil, new plugs ( make sure it's the good stuff ) run the car on V power fuel as cheap stuff will drop you by atless 10 - 15 bhp and clog your car.

Sounds like you have a good setup and it's all been done right. Just look after her and she will be fine.

If your close to Leicestershire, I would recommend Rtec in Hinckley for your map.

Hope you sort it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdcupraR

Jul 16, 2017
Well I need to get it on the ramp and give it a good check over as in make sure all the mods are in good working order

I have a forge tip so might just get a badger 5 tip instead

I'm not far from AMD so I've booked in there for a revo stage 2

So do you think I'd be better getting a custom map ?

Heard great things about rtec

What bhp would I expect stage 2 ? 280 realistic figure?

KilgallonCupraR

May 25, 2017
Sorry not replied, yes check they all been done right, but dose sound like a good set up and the right stuff. To be fair the forge tip would be alright, but bigger the better obviously.

Oh right, I would recommend doing a custom MAP, as you will get more out of your car, and you know what's going on. Yea Rtec one of the best around for anything VAG.

And yea your about right 280 maybe push 290 if done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members