plans... ko4

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
right i have been searching through the forum and see a lot of threads so please excuse me for making a new one, just need to get a rough idea of everthing i will need.

dont really want to spend ££££s... but was thinking of ko3s then thought well for a bit extra surely its better to go for a k04 and just get a leon r set up?

plan would be to get to as near as 300 as i can. if you could be so kind to help me on my way.....
also should hopefully have a forge fm and miltec cat back soon so that will be a bit closer.

what i can think of....
ko4
225 injectors
fmic
i believe a custom dp.decat etc
exhaust (miltek)
3'' maf?
ko4 intake

cheers:lol:

Last edited:

JJ_arosa

hi mate im running a K04 set up running at 271 bhp with 343lbs torque graph to prove.

k04 turbo
custom down pipe
injectors
3 inch maf
tip
fordge fmic
milteck full system
forge split r
decat
also has a cupra r ecu (says on vag com)

and its mapped at 21psi

goes so much better than my 240bhp k03s i had and the power is alot smoother not as snappy on boost

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
hi mate im running a K04 set up running at 271 bhp with 343lbs torque graph to prove.

k04 turbo
custom down pipe
injectors
3 inch maf
tip
fordge fmic
milteck full system
forge split r
decat
also has a cupra r ecu (says on vag com)

and its mapped at 21psi

goes so much better than my 240bhp k03s i had and the power is alot smoother not as snappy on boost

sell me your set up lol my mate was gonna buy your gti if i think its you (cherry red one) ?? spoke to you on the phone, instead he ended up going for a cupra?

JJ_arosa

i know that, iv spoke to phill on the phone a few times and hes good mates with my good mate lol

just it does seem a high number i thought it myself befor buying it but it was there on paper so could not argue

must have a uprated clutch im guessing to hold that power back ??

clutch does seem on/off

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just because its on paper doesnt mean its right. To quote bills saying "dyno lottery".

I've also got 280+ lbs/ft of torque on a k03. ;)

All i was gettin at, was your close to rod bending territory especially with the way the power comes in on the smaller kkk turbos compared to say 340 lbs of torque on a 28rs for instance.

JJ_arosa

i know you wernt having a pop, ask paul what the torque is like on mine mate its crazy.

what your rods and pistons cost u phill?

as thsats my next thing bigger blower and forge it up :)

JJ_arosa

Here are the rolling road print outs guys, rolling road was dyno dynamics at evole.

SDC10422.jpg

JJ_arosa

ye i thought it was to mate, but compared to my last one that was 260 ftlb its much much more torque

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.