Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

brad1

fingers crossed for you mate, lets hope its that n75 valve... any more news yet mate?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I too took my catch can off about 2 months ago.

I noticed more smoke, the engine was always covered in a layer of oil (open catch can system) and it all looked very chavvy under the bonnet.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Car has been fixed!

Faulty n75 valve was the culprit. The n75 valve has been dieing a slow horrible death for some time now but was apparent before because the ECU has been adapting to control the fueling and boost levels. As the n75 started to fail more this is when I had smoking and running issues until the ECU thought "feck this the n75 isn’t working at all" and gone into limp mode. When the n75 failed it caused strange scraping noises as the car was massively overfueling and overboosting hence made me think the turbo has gone as the turbo was receiving 40PSI+ and not knowing what the hell to do with it.

Replaced n75 valve and she is running like a dream. In Steve’s own words "pulling very very strongly". The catch tank was not at fault however he has left it disconnected to the ECU can adapt to normal operation for a week. Next week I will either refit it myself or take the car back for it to be fitted again.

Last edited:

brad1

good news mate, bet your kind of glad in a way really, so you still going for the hybrid or going to put it off for a while now?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
good news mate, bet your kind of glad in a way really, so you still going for the hybrid or going to put it off for a while now?
It is good news. The idea of 245BHP is immense however having just spent 2.5k on the car recently I would rather not do the turbo. I will be going big turbo in the summer period however still got a few mods to do first!

Are you still having the TD2 fitted then? Car is lovely. One of my favourite leons to be fair.
Cheers Tom, appreciate your kind words.

Wont get the TD2 just yet. Planning to in the summer, got a few mods to do still.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Smoking cured
Weird turbo noises cured
Weird induction chuffing noises cured
Limp mode not cured :(

Car still at AmD.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Fingers crossed for you Maz!

Hopefully it will be all the N75 fault!

Very puzzling the whole smoking issue with the catch tank, should have a chat with Pat, on his one and if he has smoking issue or is it as i said last night, something due to the issue of no fibre/matting inside the catch tank and the oil is being released back into the system in larger quanitys on high boost?

Certainly making me question to weather i fit one myself, i thought they could only benifit the system?

What diameter did you use against Pat and alike Maz?

Too much pressure coming in, not enough pressure going out = oil blowing past the oil seals. What you need is 19mm in and out and hoses of at least that size. Mine is still removed and will be for the forseeable. I jus don't have space to fit the one i do have with the correct diameter pipes.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Well 3 out of 4 aint bad
Yea I know mate, AmD been really cool about it and really are looking at the car. Just fustrating as I havent really touched the car now for ages.

Too much pressure coming in, not enough pressure going out = oil blowing past the oil seals. What you need is 19mm in and out and hoses of at least that size. Mine is still removed and will be for the forseeable. I jus don't have space to fit the one i do have with the correct diameter pipes.
Cheers pat :)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Yea I know mate, AmD been really cool about it and really are looking at the car. Just fustrating as I havent really touched the car now for ages.

Cheers pat :)

Other thing you have to remember is eventually any kind of filter will block - enough space for the mixture to enter the tank under pressure, separate and then allow the fumes to escape. I don't think that can happen in a normal 'small' tank - this is probably why the Mann Hummel has a pressure relief valve fitted to it.

Good news the turbo isn't dead - mine has started to sound like a police siren in the mornings of late, think it's just the cold ........ i hope :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Update
-----

New MAF is going in the car tomorrow morning - hopefully everything should be resolved. I have requested that the car gets rolling roaded to see what power its getting now valves and MAFs have been changed.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I suppose it would hurt to replace the N75 valve and the MAFF on a regular basis really considering the costs involved. Almost service items - say every five years if not required sooner :shrug:

Anyway you'll be so in love when you get the car back. Absence as they say....

Should be running spot on. :D

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
So I presume that they have already replaced the N75 and your car still shows some signs of problems?

So they are going to do the MAF next, which will sort the problem out. So was the N75 actualy broken or did they replace it to simply remove it from the whole problem solving equation.?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
So I presume that they have already replaced the N75 and your car still shows some signs of problems?

So they are going to do the MAF next, which will sort the problem out. So was the N75 actualy broken or did they replace it to simply remove it from the whole problem solving equation.?

N75 was faulty yes. It was replaced as part of the troubleshooting process.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
MAF has been replaced however the car is still overboosting :( Car still being looked at...

Any ideas?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise