Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
:lol:

I'll wait until I get my cambelt and waterpump done before I call that expensive, but I have been quoted around £400 by a garage I know very well and trust.

Leaving me 1k for some bushes and track rods :funk:

actually that will leave me minus £400 but I can dream - Sorry for the hijack Maz, what's next?

It was expensive but then it was labour intensive!
The cambelt and waterpump was £300 at AMD, and then i had the service done at the same time which is £175 inc vat, then the second visit took care of coolant sensor change (black to the new green), wishbone, steering rack and front arm super pro bushes, then the big upgrade was LCR tracking rods and arms (these are much beefier than the LC/FR ones and if your running big wheels or throw your car around alot are needed, i do both unfortunately) The track rods cost £100 each side on there own! Once you labour in all those changes and four wheel alignment, it doesnt take long to get to £1300 lol
Thats without the refurb wheels and the extra tyre i needed to buy before the service day! Toyo arent easy on the wallet! lol

Hopefully now it should all be in order and the upgrades can come instead of repairing damaged parts

But as Jonjay said, it was strange to see how "little" changes in mounts and suspension and ARB sizing changes the feel of the car!

Should be "presentable" on AMD day with a bit of luck (not been having the best of it luck at the moment, but I always see the brighter side of life! lol)

**End of mini hi-jack**

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
glad your keeping , knew it wouldnt be true

them bocanegras do look smart mind

whats planned next at H&S or is this top secret for now

by the time you reply - you prob would have had it done by then :p
My next car will be in the next couple of years at least. Like I said to some people it wont be a hothatch Unless the leon mk3 is amazing and will most probably be something like a S4/RS4/Porsche.

H&S will remain under wraps until its done. By this I mean when I get the time to take the car to them and leave it for a week. I think some people know what it is already anyway.

I got service, cambelt, waterpump coming next month. I will take opportunity then to add a few bits and pieces if money allows.

I'm lovin the car ! would love to know more about some of the things you have done. will PM you soon about them.
Thanks.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
H&S will remain under wraps until its done. By this I mean when I get the time to take the car to them and leave it for a week. I think some people know what it is already anyway.

I got service, cambelt, waterpump coming next month. I will take opportunity then to add a few bits and pieces if money allows.

Thanks.

Snorkel air feed from up the windscreen Landrover style :p

ah well by the time i get round to catchin up on your RR youd have done iit anyways :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Service, Cambelt + Waterpump + goodies
-----

Car all booked in for first week in March for the following
- VF Engineering Drop Links
- Super Pro Steering Rack Bush
- Cambelt + Waterpump
- Full Service
- MOT

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Maz, where did you order your VF drops from in the end, might get mine done with my MOT in march too, (along with the washer pump lol) they work out £105 for the set?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Not bought them yet Rodger trying to find a place now. Want me to enquire about getting two sets? Might get discount?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Yeah, tell me how much you find them for, i know Reagal do them, the TT shop do them on here, club discount? there are a few other companies selling them, going from £87 + VAT to £110 inc VAT :think:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
ramengine.jpg

My engine bay in a magazine but its not about my car :lol:

Its funny but I am quite pissed off actually. Its a piss take!

Last edited:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Thats about Rams car aint it?

I would email them and say, thats not his car.... and if they really did wanna see a PD 250 that they come round yours!!! lol:lol:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Bit of an update.

Rams has explained that the editor mixed up pictures and he phoned VW Performance this morning and they are putting a correction in the next issue. They also might be contacting me to do a feature on my car. Cant really ask more than that really. I do believe it was a genuine mistake and he done what a mate would do and called them up himself.

brad1

Bit of an update.

Rams has explained that the editor mixed up pictures and he phoned VW Performance this morning and they are putting a correction in the next issue. They also might be contacting me to do a feature on my car. Cant really ask more than that really. I do believe it was a genuine mistake and he done what a mate would do and called them up himself.

Well theres a good outcome, hope you do get the feature mate, you really do deserve it ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.