Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Know how you feel mate spent all day cleaning mine and it started raining as I'd finished:cry:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Some pictures from AmD RR today. :)

amdday2.jpg

amdday1.jpg

amdday3.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
looking good what did you get?
I don't think i hid the fact that I was disappointed with the peak results from this rolling road today. I did expect much more.

237bhp & 362lb/ft.

Not sure what to say about it, car pulls and feels faster than ever before so little confused.

Service is coming up, also ordered a new MAF on recommendation by Kenny.

bateman fr

Feb 17, 2008
lewes
h&r

hi maz thanks for the pipe was thinking might be handy to have the rest of ur left over pipe work if thats ok here is my number 07815132601 if its ok with u will pop up and get the h&r stuff next week if thats poss thanks paul

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
MAF Dieing
-----

I knew from my rolling road results that something wasn't right, it has been bugging me all day. I came home, got the LED torch out and took off the airbox.

The panel filter was a state, covered in dirt. I touch the back of the Maf with my thumb and
MAFdirt.jpg

Had a quick conversation with ole Slick and we reckon it cause of the twin air feed over the year sucking in water when its been wet and saturating the panel filter. This over time has affected the MAF hence loss of power on the rollers. I cleaned the airbox out, wiped and vace'd the panel filter.

Soon as I started driving the car I get a lovely induction/sucking noise coming from the airbox, car feels sharper and ready to explode into acceleration.

I have a new MAF ordered. I also am considering change the whole system to an open cone or a dynatwist type.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I'm glad that you found cause. I will think about doing the same like you told me...

Cheers,

Stan
I think I found the solution to my problems last night. I think I will also be going paper based filter so I can change them regularly and cheaply.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
That does explain a few things.

Please PM me when the next RR session is so I can get a slot. Every time I think about taking a look ones up and and running and fully booked or its all quiet on the western front :confused:

Hopefully if you go the cone/dynatwist route you can still keep the box and the cold air feed.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
DECISIONS & OPINIONS NEEDED
-----

Right I need help from the community to make a decision.

As per my previous post http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2821050&postcount=1605 and here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2822812&postcount=1607 , I am currently trying to decide what to do intake wise.

Problem:
Filter (I think) is getting saturated in wet weather and allowing some dirt to get through. Twin cold air feed from the fog lights and once on the move the air is being rammed into the airbox. During wet conditions I am guess water is getting up there and making the filter damp?

Solutions:
Get rid of twin feed and go for an uprated stock solution from r32 dsg (bigger snorkel, looks OEM).
Keep twin feed and stick with Stick with paper filters?
Buy Dynatwist solution - £200 odd??
Get a custom induction kit made and buy a filter?
Just open cone?

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I'd say open cone with air feed, atleast this way your directing the air/water in the general direction of the filter but are not trapping it in the box where it can't escape.....its not going to cause condensation/wet filter like it has been in the airbox

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I'd say open cone with air feed, atleast this way your directing the air/water in the general direction of the filter but are not trapping it in the box where it can't escape.....its not going to cause condensation/wet filter like it has been in the airbox

2nd this one. Might be the best way to go but I would be a bit worried about heatsoak though unless you fabricate a heat shield of somesort.
Alex

brad1

I'd say get a dynatwist, but that maybe biased lol. I noticed that the car drove more freely and felt less restricted when I put the dynatwist on :)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
You're not going to get appreciable heatsoak with an FMIC . The only time you might is stuck in traffic when performance really isn't going to be a massive issue.

Once you're moving, heatsoak is going to occurr if the air is warm, having a cold air feed in 20+ degree air isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Maximum air flow is key.

Open cone all the way :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks for comments.

If I go open cone then maybe it is best to leave twin air feeds in place and dirt it towards to cone? Then its a question of which one...

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
AEM Drystock universal filter sized to whatever size you need, its oil less so preserves the MAF instead of an oil that can transfer into the "hot film" in the MAF, plus it easier to clean.
Unless you can find a oil less cone filter somewhere else?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise