Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
DPJ runs a massive cone filter, no twin air feeds and at the HOT RR day at Motorscope last year, he still put out more than respectable figures.

Put your foglights back in, ditch the twin feeds and fit the biggest open cone you can fit, your turbo willl suck in all the air required and your FMIC will remove any heat from the air.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
DPJ runs a massive cone filter, no twin air feeds and at the HOT RR day at Motorscope last year, he still put out more than respectable figures.

Put your foglights back in, ditch the twin feeds and fit the biggest open cone you can fit, your turbo willl suck in all the air required and your FMIC will remove any heat from the air.
I suppose as I am going WMI temperatures should remain low anyway.

And what fogs are you talking about Pat? :lol: hahahahha!!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I'm using the Apexi one from this review, may be worth a look?

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

The thing that made me go for that was the filtration side of it as well as the good gains, anyone can bolt a filter on and see massive increases in air......but after all its called a 'filter' and its job is to filter crap out from the turbo.

Not saying any of the others mentioned don't filter very well but its something I always think about :)

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Intresting read and looks like Apexi are best at filteration, I may get hold of one of these myself! Good call Adam, by chance you use a universal kit one, where did you buy it from, as i know Apexi is a more "Ricer" orientated company

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Intresting read and looks like Apexi are best at filteration, I may get hold of one of these myself! Good call Adam, by chance you use a universal kit one, where did you buy it from, as i know Apexi is a more "Ricer" orientated company

Yeah I bought this one from this seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Apexi-Pow...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1e5a5513eb

There are a couple of cheaper ones on there but I'd read a few nasty storys about fake goods and the seller assured me these were genuine......although it says Londaon they don't come from London, postage took about 10 days but there was no import duty to pay.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I'm using the Apexi one from this review, may be worth a look?

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

The thing that made me go for that was the filtration side of it as well as the good gains, anyone can bolt a filter on and see massive increases in air......but after all its called a 'filter' and its job is to filter crap out from the turbo.

Not saying any of the others mentioned don't filter very well but its something I always think about :)
thought Jetex are dry filters...

I just need to do some reading on at the moment.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Jetex arent dry filters, from what i remember they use a oil to refuel them after cleaning...
I only know of AEM, Blitz and Apexi doing the dry ones, but as the link Adam posted suggests the Apexi one has the highest filteration and wont let thou any particles and still gives the highest bhp increase, so it shows the flow isnt reduced, but with less particles it means the MAF reading will be so much more accurate.

brad1

Will it fit though Bradders? i.e. what MAF size is on the 150PD, same as LCR?

PD150 maf is 76mm as karls is 76mm, LCR maf size is 80mm, the dynatwist will fit perfect if you fancy trying it this saturday mate??

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
That might not be a bad idea Brad. I will let you know closer to the time as I got a lot on at the moment.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
100% open cone the difference in how the car pulls with a big decent air feed is immense so keep your twin feed set up , and the noise from an open cone is pure sex , I have had a standard air box which I hated and a bmc cda which was restrictive and now I have an open cone hks mushroom filter which is by far the best and noticed the difference as soon as I changed it . All this keep the original air box is aload of crap

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Please PM me when the next RR session is so I can get a slot. Every time I think about taking a look ones up and and running and fully booked or its all quiet on the western front :confused:

I'm going to sort another one at AmD for August/September, I'll let you know when it's sorted ;)

Maz I'v been thinking about going down the cone road aswell :think:

brad1

I'm going to sort another one at AmD for August/September, I'll let you know when it's sorted ;)

Maz I'v been thinking about going down the cone road aswell :think:

D.K, do it, get a green cotton dynatwist, then you can polished it up aswell ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Apexi Power Intake
-----

Purchased a Apexi Power Intake. From research people seem to be raving about these and pretty popular on Supras and Skylines pushing big power. I also took into consideration that I wanted some of the best filtration vs flow capabilities on the market and I think this ticks the box quite comfortably.

ApexiIntake.jpg

The Power Intake is the premier air filter designed to create pure horsepower. The intake funnels used in racing machines take advantage of a characteristic where air travels along the side of the side of surfaces. However, the center portion of the funnel is virtually unused. It is this concept that gave birth to the Dual Funnel design. A primary funnel on the top portion of the air cleaner was inserted to channel the air flow directly into the lower funnels at the base of the cleaner. This design was a huge success on the former Super Intake model. The Power Intake took this design and improved the flow characteristics. New funnel design, element material and air flow channeling characteristics make the Power Intake one of the most efficient air cleaners on the market today. By constructing the upper and lower funnel from a highly durable injected resin, engineers were able to construct the ideal shaped funnel previously not possible with the stainless steel material.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members