popping after boost?!?!

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
hey peeps, ever since i had my cat back powerflow zorst put on my car, it seems to pop really loud. It only does it if i boost her up then come off the throttle, it sounds cool, but sometimes the pops are so loud its worrying. all i have on the car is a cone filter and 006 re-circ. checked fault codes the other day and all is well!
could anyone re-assure me this is ok or am i just bein stupid?
cheers
nickibizaCUPRA :D

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
i kept the cat, got rid of the center silencer and had a slightly larger bore from the cat back. with obviously the rear box and oval tailpipe, the rear box is about half the weight and size of the oem box.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Getting rid of the centre box often can make it that wee bit louder when coming off boost, if the car's still fine and dandy don't worry about it.

I get it every now and again with my Blueflame exhaust which has two boxes and a CAT... for now. :D

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
lol, cool so i needent worry now! here is a pic of it, its a bit of a poo pic cos it was on me phone!

Photo-0077.jpg

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
Is it only the Petrol models that 'pop' or can a tuned diesel do the same? i'd say no to the diesel due to lower igniting point of petrol, but perhaps someone actually knows?

gazjones

Is it only the Petrol models that 'pop' or can a tuned diesel do the same? i'd say no to the diesel due to lower igniting point of petrol, but perhaps someone actually knows?

only petrol as i think its unburnt fuel touching the hot maniflod as it comes out the cylinders, a diesel needs extreme heat to ignite and lots of compression

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
only petrol as i think its unburnt fuel touching the hot maniflod as it comes out the cylinders, a diesel needs extreme heat to ignite and lots of compression

Cool, i thought as much but thanks for the reason why!! makes sense to me!

PJ.

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
system cost me 350 all in which i dont think is that bad really! im in the process of gettin a new bypass valve soon. is there anything wrong with the 006 its twin piston isnt it?