Pressed metal plates! - UK Legal?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I'm getting mine on Monday :)
I was planning to get the today but they are busy getting ready for Bristol Volksfest, so Monday it is.

And Josh, if you have the GB band then in most of europe you don't need a separate sticker, although I believe there are one or two obscure places that require it...

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I got mine today from Dubmeister - look cool. Just waiting for my surrounds to arrive so they can be fitted to the car.

Went for GB banded as I only have 2 numbers on my plate so it fits nicely, and got to see them making them cos I am nosey and wanted to see all the machines :D

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
It's cool - first the yellow or white unpressed plates go in a laser etcher to put the markings in, then they have a press to put the letters and numbers into it, and then a printer to put the black on the high points like the letters and border :)

Aimez

ah cool thats what i want as the other ones have German crap all over them and i dont get why people with Seats buy them when the car is more Spanish?!
hmmm i have to drive through a town that does the plates im tempted now!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I got these of ebay correct font, reflective (as you can see in the pic) £20 ish of ebay :)

DSC02873.jpg

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Have they got all the appropriate markings tho lee?

No but tbh the police are only interested in if they are reflective, and they have the standard font, i had the german fonted ones on my last car and they don't like you having them as the ANPR cameras can't read them, but they can my new ones.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Front was a bugger to fit (excuse my language) because the Arosa front bumper is curved, even the numberplate recess!

But that will change ;)