pressure wash engine

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
hi there has anyone ever pressure washed there engine :shrug::confused: i have herd that you can do it but just to make sure engine is running and to protect air filter ect

ClubAddict

Aug 31, 2008
Leicester
I've actually had this done today. Yeah, they asked me to keep my engine running (not sure why this is necessary I'm afraid) & I have an intake that goes to the base of the engine so wasn't a concern there. Buyt engine looks great now.

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
think you need to keep engine running to stop things flooding! and then it not starting! i want to do it but dont want things to go up the spout!!

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
I've actually had this done today. Yeah, they asked me to keep my engine running (not sure why this is necessary I'm afraid) & I have an intake that goes to the base of the engine so wasn't a concern there. Buyt engine looks great now.

you can get just as good results with a normal hose if you want to be careful. I've never understood the engine running bit as that suggests to me, a higher risk of sucking in water...? but loads of people do pressure wash their bays with no issues. i always do it engine off and battery disconnected to save shorting things out.

think you need to keep engine running to stop things flooding! and then it not starting! i want to do it but dont want things to go up the spout!!

click my signature thread. on the last page there is a pic of mine before i ever used hoses etc and it turned out ok. So no real need to go pumping water into your bay...

ClubAddict

Aug 31, 2008
Leicester
I've never had it done before & they told me it was a steam clean. But when I saw the amount of water generated I got very nervous but it was fine. Glad I had it done now.

NottsLCR

May 14, 2008
Nottingham
I had the engine on my MKII golf steam cleaned it came up really well only problem was i had to have it done as it was covered in oil and crap!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise