jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
then finally ground off ready for filler/primer

LGIM0717.jpg

LGIM0718.jpg

need to get the two tyres popped off their seals so i can get to the edges, quite lucky really the tyres are yoko's and have a few 1000 left on them yet, so just need new tyres for the front, the rears have spacers on at the mo, so will use them to try the front wheels on with

jake

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
hope so bud, im just not sure on colour, i was thinking a matt grey/anthracite with a red stripe round the edge, so the red will tie in with brakes and badges etc, and the grey tie in with carbon,

any suggestions anyone

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
once the filler is set, you have to set about flatting it, i ground it down, as its quicker, then used 180 grit paper to get all the other bits key'd. then it was cleaned with solvent wipe and ready for primer,

LGIM0719.jpg

this is the wheel in primer

LGIM0720.jpg

and all 4 of them

LGIM0721.jpg

jake

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
you cannot tell from the pic, but the wheels with tyres have had their beads popped, to give access to the lips, kinda looks like over stretched tyres, any wheels fitters should do this for you

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
you cannot tell from the pic, but the wheels with tyres have had their beads popped, to give access to the lips, kinda looks like over stretched tyres, any wheels fitters should do this for you

Looking good, i am eagerly watching this thread, i have my old set of LCR alloys with a few scuffs on them sitting in the garage and cause noboby can seem to provide the LCR alloy wheel paint code, i was thinking of just resraying them altogether.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Nice one jake, welcome back :D

I've just put a red stripe round the edge of my anthracite wheels and it does look the bees bollocks (although i wasn't convinced at first). My car is black, so not quite the same but I think it would work with yours. I used bike tape on mine so if i didn't like it I can just peel it off.

as far as other ideas go how about a matte dark red?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
the lip is guna be matt too, then if i dont like it matt i can always polish the lip up as matt lacquer will polish back to a shine.

jake

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
the springs are just lowering springs, not adjustable, i made a mistake the spacers are h&r i cant remeber the springs name off top of my head,

as for price i swapped it for my passat so not really sure.

jake

what mm spacers did you use on the back and did u do the front?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
god, i have had 4 cars since then danny lad, keep up hahaha

the spacers are 10mm on the rear, im guna use them up front to try the wheels on,

i dont think the white would look good on the grey, on red maybe.....

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
ok final steps,

once flatted and ready for paint, i used 400 grit and red scotchbrite,

its into the booth, and prekleened

LGIM0722.jpg

then aerosol etch primer is sprayed onto any bare edges

LGIM0723.jpg

then we go on with the grey

LGIM0724.jpg

and allow to dry, note im using waterbased paints so it dries really quick, maskable once the paint flashes

once flashed off i used fine line tape to create my edge,

LGIM0725.jpg

then maksed with 2" tape

LGIM0726.jpg

applied the red, and flashed

LGIM0727.jpg

LGIM0728.jpg

then finally the clear coat, this has a matting agent in ti, ratio 60:40 this will give semi matt, once dry

LGIM0729.jpg

LGIM0730.jpg

i may yet go for a gloss finish though

jake

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.