Prospective owner couple of quick questions.....

Feb 18, 2024
I've tried a couple of searches but couldn't seem to find definitive answers for these questions so apologies if someone does find they have been covered....

I'm looking at getting a 1.5 tsi DSG in V2 spec and will most likely be a 2023 car/reg.

Looking at the images on the approved used site I notice there seems to be what looks like a camera in the front grille above the Cupra badge and wondered what it is for? I've seen mention in various places of the camera in the windscreen and the radar panel below the grille on the front but nothing for what looks like a camera in the grille?

Does the Park Assist that the car comes with do both parallel and bay parking or just parallel parking? If both how does the car know you are wanting to bay park or parallel park? Do you select a different option for each or does the car work on the depth of the space and park accordingly? (My current car has the early park assist so only does parallel parking).

In regards to the driving profile (Comfort / Sport / Individual that is selected via the touchscreen NOT the D/S mode on the DSG) What changes are made with a standard V2 spec car? Is it power steering tweaks and throttle response tweaks or would suspension softness/hardness be tweaked too?

Sorry if these seem daft or weird questions.

Cheers.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've tried a couple of searches but couldn't seem to find definitive answers for these questions so apologies if someone does find they have been covered....

I'm looking at getting a 1.5 tsi DSG in V2 spec and will most likely be a 2023 car/reg.

Looking at the images on the approved used site I notice there seems to be what looks like a camera in the front grille above the Cupra badge and wondered what it is for? I've seen mention in various places of the camera in the windscreen and the radar panel below the grille on the front but nothing for what looks like a camera in the grille?

Does the Park Assist that the car comes with do both parallel and bay parking or just parallel parking? If both how does the car know you are wanting to bay park or parallel park? Do you select a different option for each or does the car work on the depth of the space and park accordingly? (My current car has the early park assist so only does parallel parking).

In regards to the driving profile (Comfort / Sport / Individual that is selected via the touchscreen NOT the D/S mode on the DSG) What changes are made with a standard V2 spec car? Is it power steering tweaks and throttle response tweaks or would suspension softness/hardness be tweaked too?

Sorry if these seem daft or weird questions.

Cheers.
Sounds likes the previous owner splashed out on the Top View Camera (in reality a number of cameras around the car).

Yes, it does both parallel and bay parking. It displays what it thinks is the appropriate method from the space depth it picks up on the sensors - it can flip around changing it's mind as you drive along while it looks for a suitable space.

The chassis / suspension setting is only available on the VZ cars with the dynamic dampers, so it's just steering, throttle, etc.

Reactions: WaveyDavey

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
Just a note as a fellow 1.5 v2’er - it is just throttle response. There is sadly no change to the steering which is disappointing more so on motorway speeds.

Reactions: WaveyDavey
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.