Proud new owner of my first turbo!!

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
Awrite fellow Seat owners...

ok here we go, my name is paul, 38 years of age :whistle:, live in glenrothes, fife, Scotland and now a proud owner of a 2002 seat leon 20v cupra turbo. I used to own a 04 plate mazda rx 8 231 bhp and liked the car for a while however the fuel costs ect and the time it took to wind up before giving me POWER was laughable :lol:, so slowly got bored of it and my always empty wallet [:@] my mate had recently been looking for a new car too, was looking for something smaller than his landrover for commuting to work and through his search we began to look at and take interest in a golf gti (which he subsequently purchased) - that was us hooked on the idea of turbo cars and began to learn what we could. then came the dunny from my work to get a new position i needed the gas guzzling mazda gone (it went into limp mode the day i purchased my new car - it knew it was for the chop) Went viewing a few cars - the golf gti's i saw were all rot boxes so it was back to auto trader - i didn't know what car i wanted, just knew it had to be a turbo and was surprised when i searched for turbos to discover that the Cupra was one. Surprised how beautiful they looked, so found one and went and viewed it, the car was clean 2 owner with service history, only fault i could find with it was it had some daft stickers on it (Insta gram this???? duct tape mechanic???? ect) after a wee test drive i fell in love with it, so i snaffled it :D the guy i bought it off didn't tell me much about it, he said it had been remapped but no proof, all i can see that's been done is the 2.5" decat straight through exhaust, modded airbox with panel filter, n249 bypass (had a guy out from Falkland performance because the car would not start after 2 days of owning it :censored: was only a fuse :D and asked him if everything was good under the hood and he said the bypass was done correctly) lowered on coil overs (a bit bouncy on the front though don't know why) leather electric seats, folding mirrors ect ect, but if there is anything else done too it would not know, just know it goes like a bat out of hell :lol: bloody love it, so hi that's me and my car. Looking forward to learning more.

Last edited:

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
thanks for the welcome chief, just had a problem pop up yesterday the abs and tcs warning lights came on, then they go off and then come back on :lol: now they just stay on, checked the abs fuse and that's ok, think it might be a speed sensor gonna have a look tomorrow, if you have any info on the problem would be VERY much appreciated..........:cry: