Putting a deposit down on an FR

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Going on Friday to stick my deposit down for JohnnyBoys 04 plate FR TDi.

Went to see it yesturday and was more than pleased with it, great condition and an excellent drive :D

Just letting you know, ill soon be part of the gang :bleh:

T. Spark

Nice one! Got to luv the DERV :D

What plans you got for it then, come on!!!

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Sir SparkSter said:
Nice one! Got to luv the DERV :D

What plans you got for it then, come on!!!

Well nothing too extensive, perhaps some good coilovers and perhaps in the future go the route of FMIC and management tuning.

Im a big fan of nice interiors tho, so perhaps a nice DVD player and a screen mounted somewhere decent.

So if anyone has any pics of mounted screens, post em now!

T. Spark

I have a screen (had it fitted, but taken it out and gunna put it back in soon) that was a Din sized moterised one!

I know EdButler has some piccies of his in the car, and im pretty sure Mike_obd will have some, im not at home now (work!) but i think I got a few of Eds on a DVD somewhere, so I'll take alook and see about uploading them and then linking them onto a thread here for ya, they look pretty standed when in, but look sweet when you got a DVD playing :D

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Sir SparkSter said:
I have a screen (had it fitted, but taken it out and gunna put it back in soon) that was a Din sized moterised one!

I know EdButler has some piccies of his in the car, and im pretty sure Mike_obd will have some, im not at home now (work!) but i think I got a few of Eds on a DVD somewhere, so I'll take alook and see about uploading them and then linking them onto a thread here for ya, they look pretty standed when in, but look sweet when you got a DVD playing :D

Cool mate, look forward to some pics :happy:

It turns out im actually picking the car up now on Friday, well excited :funk:

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
JohnnyBoy said:
lol i'll have the old stereo back when you replace it then! Cost me an arm and a small leg :whistle:

Well picked it up today and Im well happy John :)

Headunit is damn impressive so will be staying put! :bleh:

Cheers again John, enjoy the moolah :)

Triple D

Sir SparkSter said:
Glad ur enjoying the car.. they are gooodiiieee!
and if you turn the tc off you can wheelspin all day cant you sir sparkster :whistle: , how much have you left on your tyres? :whistle:

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
hehe I can't get enough of this car, just the comfort of it and all the gadgets makes it worth every penny.

Im a bit hesitant to drive it to its "capability", as it was a lot of money and Id rather not break it !

Speaking of which, how DO people drive their TDis? obviously these things will go on forever if driven carefully, but it would be a shame never to let it unwind every now and then!

Kyle Townend said:
hehe I can't get enough of this car, just the comfort of it and all the gadgets makes it worth every penny.

Im a bit hesitant to drive it to its "capability", as it was a lot of money and Id rather not break it !

Speaking of which, how DO people drive their TDis? obviously these things will go on forever if driven carefully, but it would be a shame never to let it unwind every now and then!

The main bulk of power/shove comes between 2-3000 rpm so there isn't much point taking it over that in normal driving... if you want to be a bit more 'enthusiastic' i found 3500 to be the best to change up - over that and you're just wasting diesel tbh! :)

Glad you're enjoying her :coolthumb

T. Spark

spaniels fr said:
and if you turn the tc off you can wheelspin all day cant you sir sparkster :whistle: , how much have you left on your tyres? :whistle:

Maybe, all the way into 3rd :D

And loads.... brand new tyres all round, muwahah! good for another 6000 miles :p

I dont rag (wheel spin etc) as much as I used to in me iccle 1.2 and when I had just ran the car in a little aka 5000 miles +

TC in this weather works wonders, but come the summer time, and i'll have mine off all the time again, makes the car alot faster and safer (out of junctions etc)

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
JohnnyBoy said:
The main bulk of power/shove comes between 2-3000 rpm so there isn't much point taking it over that in normal driving... if you want to be a bit more 'enthusiastic' i found 3500 to be the best to change up - over that and you're just wasting diesel tbh! :)

Glad you're enjoying her :coolthumb

yeah mate, im still learning how to drive a turbo diesel properly, but yeah I find changing at around 3500 lets you get the most out of the boost and just in time for the start of boost in the next gear, which is great because there is no need to take the car anywhere near the redline.... which i did on the test drive oops :redface:

I look forward to a great summer of driving [B)]

Triple D

These cars can be driven, pretty much how you want to, if you want to drive slowly and get around 55-60 mpg then you can but if you want to cain it and get around 30mpg then you can, they handel pretty well, may understeer a bit in the wet or on greay roads if you pushing it but thats easily controlable.
I would agree with kyle townsend and to change gear about 3500-400 rpm not take it round to the red line like some irish people do :whistle: (115 mph in 4th gear :blink: ).
Enjoy the car mate i know im ejoying mine still after 5500 miles.

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
spaniels fr said:
These cars can be driven, pretty much how you want to, if you want to drive slowly and get around 55-60 mpg then you can but if you want to cain it and get around 30mpg then you can, they handel pretty well, may understeer a bit in the wet or on greay roads if you pushing it but thats easily controlable.
I would agree with kyle townsend and to change gear about 3500-400 rpm not take it round to the red line like some irish people do :whistle: (115 mph in 4th gear :blink: ).
Enjoy the car mate i know im ejoying mine still after 5500 miles.

Cheers mate, just took a lad from work out in it, I dare say he's impressed ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.