Question for those on Bluefin Stage 2!

shadow123

Hi Guys

I wondering if you can help.... i took the plunge and fitted a milltek tbe, NGK BKR7EIX's and moved onto bluefin stage 2.

All i can say is wow from 2k rpm torque is amazing, totally transforms the car BUT i have noticed that the car seems to tail off (not pull as hard) from about 4.5k rpm when on full throttle? i'm guessng this just where the torque dies off and the power continues ? but just wondering if anyone had found the same and if its just the way Bluefin stage 2 is mapped? Or possibly the fuel pump problem? i thought this was just in the midrange and not the top end but having never spoken to anyone who's had the problem i wouldnt know? :shrug:

One other think since moving to stage 2 i get a strange whistling / sucking noise which is definitely not the turbo i'm not sure whether its just the increased suction due to the increase in boost? i'm running a pipercross panel filter but didnt think these made any additoional sound (it didnt on stage one) or whether i have possible loose hose somewhere?

Any help or pointers great appreciated,

Cheers,
D

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Sorry, can't help with your question, but did you speak with the tuner regarding your concerns? If so were they helpful/supportive. Only asking because I am doing my research for the next wagon.

shadow123

Cheers ChrisBoyle.... This has cleared a few things up. The hpfp was planned but possibly sooner then i thought now :funk:

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
When I had stg2 the car always missed at 4.5k too. It was the stock fuel pump not being able to keep up. I went for the autotech hpfp internals and it totally transforms the mid range! So much so that I had to upgrade to stg3!

With regards to the noise, it will be your turbo. It's boosting much harder at stg2 especially with the freedom of the TBE.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members