Radial mounted porsche calipers..

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
right...

I've just bagged myself a set of porsche 996 gt3 front radial mounted calipers, got me all excited but then it clicked. they are mounted backwards :-o

Can these be mounted on the FR+ tdi with correct carriers etc?

thanks! :confused:

Last edited:

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
I had these on my S3, using MBT (i think thats who they were by, a german company) and ECS 2 piece R32 disks. Was an awesome set up, really miss it.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember something about the front Porsche calipers having to have the interconnecting pipe changed round with the bleed nipples????
I have the Boxster rear calipers on mine and didn't have to touch the pipe/bleed nipples

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember something about the front Porsche calipers having to have the interconnecting pipe changed round with the bleed nipples????
I have the Boxster rear calipers on mine and didn't have to touch the pipe/bleed nipples

Obviously it depends where they came from (back or front). You need to make sure the smaller piston in the caliper is the 'lead' one.

DaveB1970

Nov 6, 2008
Those calipers are not BIG reds, they're actually boxster S fronts. 996 TT fronts are 996.351.429 & 430, they are pound for pound the best all round calipers however so dont be sending them back. The 996TT are bloody powerful but invariably need a big spacer.

PM me for help on discs/carriers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members