RDS' Leon Cupra R

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Heres the latest package to arrive for the car!

P1000279.jpg

Gave it two coats of lacquer, gave the car a wash then on it went!

P1000291.jpg

P1000293.jpg

P1000292.jpg

Cleans up the back end and I'm just pleased to finally get rid of the worn rear badge! :thumbup:

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Look good mate, where did you get them from? My 25 LED tower sidelight bulbs are dying, the leds are either dead or fallen off :eek:! 9 missing out of 25 on the one, and 12 out of 25 on the other!

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Nice idea that R32 intake, im after putting my standard box back on - smoothed and with a green panel in it, so may be worth hunting down an intake and modifying the box.

Done the same badge wise bar the C U P R A lettering, cleans up the silver I reckon, all the red was winding me up on the old badges

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Engine bay update.

Having had the cone filter on for a few weeks know I'm not convinced it gives any positives over the old setup toward car performance! :shrug:
All it seems to do is produce alot of noise! as this is not what I'm looking for its been replaced by the smoothed airbox with the green cotton panel filter and the R32 intake:

P1000671.jpg

I'm going to hang on to the cone filter for know as I'm still not 100% on which setup is best!

On a positive note though my Hids arrived today!

P1000673.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a chance to fit them this weekend! :D

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Looks good mate. I think panel filter is the best way, I was just tempted by the cone too much by its noise.

Good to see the HIDs have arrived, its worth spending the extra money. I killed one of my ballasts and had it replaced with no questions asked.

Have you decided where to mount yours? Would you like to see where mine are?

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Looks good mate. I think panel filter is the best way, I was just tempted by the cone too much by its noise.

Good to see the HIDs have arrived, its worth spending the extra money. I killed one of my ballasts and had it replaced with no questions asked.

Have you decided where to mount yours? Would you like to see where mine are?

I agree on the filter mate, the car feels great. Have you smoothed your airbox?

I was going to decide on where to mount the ballasts when I fitted them. If you can show me were yours are it would be a great help. I'm guessing you moved them from where they were originally mounted.

How did you manage to kill one?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice car, looking very tidy :) I'm following the cone vs. panel filter debate at the moment too, had some logs done since swapping my airbox with Pipercross filter for a big Jetex, and have gained about 2 or 3 g/s. That said I haven't done anything about putting a bigger cold air feed in yet, was interested in the R32 intake. Can I ask, did you just get the snorkel bit that you gave pics of or did you get the bit that goes in behind the passenger-side headlight too? Have you got part numbers or a link to somewhere that explains what's required for this mod?

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice car, looking very tidy :) I'm following the cone vs. panel filter debate at the moment too, had some logs done since swapping my airbox with Pipercross filter for a big Jetex, and have gained about 2 or 3 g/s. That said I haven't done anything about putting a bigger cold air feed in yet, was interested in the R32 intake. Can I ask, did you just get the snorkel bit that you gave pics of or did you get the bit that goes in behind the passenger-side headlight too? Have you got part numbers or a link to somewhere that explains what's required for this mod?

Cheers mate! It also got the the bit fitted behind the passenger-side headlight. I havnt got the part numbers or any links as they were fitted on the car when I bought it! I can email the lad I bought the car off to see if he's got any details if its any help!

Having looked at other peoples threads it sort of makes me wish I had waited for a decent standard one so I could sort all the mods myself.

This one was to good to pass up though.

Dubstar81

That engine bay looks really clean and tidy. Wish my car looked like that

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers mate! It also got the the bit fitted behind the passenger-side headlight. I havnt got the part numbers or any links as they were fitted on the car when I bought it! I can email the lad I bought the car off to see if he's got any details if its any help!

Having looked at other peoples threads it sort of makes me wish I had waited for a decent standard one so I could sort all the mods myself.

This one was to good to pass up though.

Just found these on golf gti forum I've tried them and they seem to be the correct ones!

Mk4 Golf R32 DSG Intake Upgrade parts from vw:

-Adjuster 1J0805965EB41

-Air duct 1J0805962GB41

-Pipe 1J0129609G