rear numberplate lights / satnav console

Arron

Hi

I drive the V5 170 toledo

Recently i noticed one of my rear numberplate lights had stopped working. I left the lights on and attempted to change it, only for the other bulb to go out. Now, all fuses seem fine but i have no power going to the circuit coming from the car, to the boot. Possibly burnt out wiring? I

Whilst i was removing and putting fuses back in, i managed to upset the sat nav console and its asked me for a code, me been dumb i pressed ok twice :doh: and now its locked me out, does anyone know how i can unlock this? I dont have the code, does anyone know if its on the car by any chance, like maybe on theback of the sat nav console?

Any help on each of these would be appreciated, if anyone knows of anyone reputable who can sort these issues in the west yorkshire area details woul dalso be appreciated

Thanks in advance

mcmanley

boot light problems

Hi< I had the same problems, also when i selected reverse i got a warning light on the dash, I traced it to the wiring loom which goes from the car to the boot lid.
I gently cut the weather proof black rubber boot and pulled each wire, the brown wire had snapped, quick repair and just taped the rubber back together, been ok for 2 years.
Hope this helps.
Andy

Arron

Thanks, i may try that, im thinking something is blown though, will vag-com tell me which circuit it is?

Arron

Well some slight progress

After been told its going to cost me £70 to decode the built in sat nav, i found the seat dealership as i dont have one in bradford, and they can do it for £30 but they need to go online, but they needed the sat-nav timing out of safe. The sat-nav was locked, and didnt seem to want to timeout whist i was driving, so if anyone has this issue, park the car and leave the dashboard reds on, mine took half an hour to timoeut.

The rear lights are a faulty light bulb holder circuits. the dealer needs to confirm this but im going to let them take care of it anyhow

Whilst all this was going on, on the way home from work, my steering went stiff, battery light came on the dash, went under the bonnet to find the remains of fubar AUX belt. This has since been changed.

Arron

UPDATE

The cars back to normal. The numberplate bulbs were due to a fuse blown on the circuit? They quoted me 40 pounds and i didnt argue or ask much! And the sat-nav code cost me 22 pounds. Whilst i was there i purchased a LCR front splitter, and since ive also popped a V5 badge on the front left grill, so ill take some pics and let you guys see what you think

It went in for its MOT last week and failed on 3 things, 1 tire, play on the passenger side bush and a split CV boot, the mechanic charged me 100 pounds all in, so im well chuffed with her atm.

Thanks for reading

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members