Resizing photo for avatar

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I have been trying to resize a photo within Photoshop for an avatar. In the 'image size' dialogue box the image now shows as 19.1K but when I save it, it shows on the hard drive as 88KB and is too large to upload.

What am I doing wrong?:confused:

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
I have been trying to resize a photo within Photoshop for an avatar. In the 'image size' dialogue box the image now shows as 19.1K but when I save it, it shows on the hard drive as 88KB and is too large to upload.

What am I doing wrong?:confused:

Copy your old one to the clipboard, file new in Pshop, this will give you the correct image and canvas size and paste your new one in, job done :funk:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Copy your old one to the clipboard, file new in Pshop, this will give you the correct image and canvas size and paste your new one in, job done :funk:
Tried that but it's showing as 84KB. I'm saving at as a JPEG at maximum quality, is that correct?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
email it to me, I'll do it when I get home (about 8ish)

you can't have editted the canvas size will be my guess - unless it's a huge animated gif, I can't see why it's not fixing it

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Finally sorted it at home on my old Mac running OS9. I think it might be something to do with the colour calibration software we use at work tagging extra information onto the file when it is saved. Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.