Returning with an Altea

BearAttack

Slip slidin' away
Mar 31, 2011
Reading
Hi All!

Returning to the board, just thought I'd say hello - I've just picked up a low mileage 54 plate Altea in Obnoxio*cough* er Emotcion Red. 2.0TDi 140 Sport model in manual :)

Very clean car and nicely laid out - made for an obvious choice when I got behind the wheel and drove one!

Needed something more economical and I've already had one Seat - an '02 Leon Cupra, while it wasn't the most reliable of things it did have heart so I came back after a brief (expensive) forray into supercharged minis (Read: Ow, my poor spine!)

Things I need to sort out :-

-Audio
-Airflow Meter
-Window Regulators

Audio's on its way, picked up a refurbished Pioneer Nav unit on ebay that fits into the standard VAG satnav aperture, I like doing writeups so I'll take some photos if people are interested?

Airflow meter I'm not so sure I want to touch - I'm getting really good mpg at the moment, 40-45 around town and ~60 motorway - I'm not bothered by performance right now, and I know the economy will drop a little if I get a new MAF.

The Passenger window is struggling a bit and the driver one occasionally objects - I may just say buggrit and pick up two whole new regulators from SEAT to swap over.

So, Hi everyone! Expect blathering and photos from me as I start tinkering with stuff!

BearAttack

Slip slidin' away
Mar 31, 2011
Reading
hi welcome back

looking forward to see what you get upto if you get stuck there a friendly bunch here and some one will help you out

MM

Hi, Thanks for the welcome!

I notice on your signature it says something about sunglasses holder - that was the first thing I thought when I got in "where the **** do I put these?" - is it a hidden compartment or a retrofit part?

Cheers!

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
its replaces the grab handle above your head its the same one as fits in a golf mk4

7448491160_234a2ae39c.jpg

i got mine from germany but you can find them here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563cb7bf00

Last edited:

Boosh

Mar 19, 2010
Salisbury
Hi,
The windows, as you probably know, are quite a common problem, especially this time of year. You might get away with putting a generous dab of grease on the cables inside the door (see my thread: me=1; squeaky window=0).
The sunglasses holder requires some looking around, but it's a common part for other models across the VW / Audi group.
Hope that helps, and welcome back. Enjoy your new ride, even though red demands a bit more effort to shine (and I should know!)
Boosh.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise