Revo performance pack

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
As the title suggests I have a question on the Revo performance pack. I’m hoping someone here has experience using this and can comment on how it performs. I’m running a stage 1 remap and my car goes well but adding the intercooler, intake and extra mapping are interesting enough for me to seriously consider the upgrade.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I have a stage 3 Revo fitted (went from stage 1) and have always been very happy with it.

Are you looking at stage 2 if so have you also looked at the SPS key.

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
To be honest I’m not sure…. I’m def looking at taking the car further but I don’t know if that’s stage 2 or straight to 3. I had a mk2 that was stage2+ and was always torn between should I of gone straight to 3 vs would it take the extra power. Spun in most gears as it was. Looking at the Revo test Leon their stage 2 performance pack at 400bhp seems to have a good balance.
out of curiosity what is your stage running power and turbo wise

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
On my Cupra 280 I have stage 1 ECU tune (350bhp) APR open intake, Ramair inlet hose and turbo elbow, res delete pipe (2 res, back box and tips stock), Powerflex bushes and engine mount insert, 18 inch VW Cadiz alloys instead of 19s, painted rear bumper body colour where number plate sits, and painted engine cover.
IMG_3653.jpeg
IMG_2755.jpeg
IMG_2506.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg

Reactions: Mo_86

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
To be honest I’m not sure…. I’m def looking at taking the car further but I don’t know if that’s stage 2 or straight to 3. I had a mk2 that was stage2+ and was always torn between should I of gone straight to 3 vs would it take the extra power. Spun in most gears as it was. Looking at the Revo test Leon their stage 2 performance pack at 400bhp seems to have a good balance.
out of curiosity what is your stage running power and turbo wise
Personally I knew i was going to end up on Stage 3 so just missed out stage 2.

Power wise road fuel I am guessing its 460 (and it is a guess) and on 100 octaine just over 500
Turbo is the V1 Revo turbo which uses the stock body but its re configured to give more power, never been interested in the boost pressures as its about what i can get on the track that is important for me.

You will also need to consider big brake kit to stop the thing and if you have a manual gearbox the clutch will need replacing as it wont cope.

Not sure if the latest performance pack includes the upgraded fuel pumps (front and rear) but if you are going stage three you need to add these in (no experience of Stage 2), and if you are going to do much track work I would recommend Baffled Sump.

There is lots of other stuff you can add to improve the car but it is very much about what you want from it, if its a track toy or just a fun road car or a crossover between the two.

Last edited:

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
Thanks for the replies. The performance pack doesn’t include the fuel pumps I believe, just the intercooler, pipes, intake and software. I’m curious on the extra cost of your turbo so will look into that and have already been look at BBK options just so I’m aware. I can’t lie I thought a stage 1 tune would be enough given the map well but you always want more I guess. I was going to wait as my mileage is still in the teens but I’ve got the itch now…

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Thanks for the replies. The performance pack doesn’t include the fuel pumps I believe, just the intercooler, pipes, intake and software. I’m curious on the extra cost of your turbo so will look into that and have already been look at BBK options just so I’m aware. I can’t lie I thought a stage 1 tune would be enough given the map well but you always want more I guess. I was going to wait as my mileage is still in the teens but I’ve got the itch now…
Sometimes I think my stage 1 isn’t enough either, but I can’t justify the money for stage 2 or 3. Not worth the money in my opinion. Plus, it’s my daily car and the only car in the house, so I want a good balance between power and economy, which I have at the moment. I find it struggles to put the power down sometimes as it is now.

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
I understand that too. Mines a daily although not my only car. That said I do a 30min journey on the Motorway through a 50 zone and it returns 45mpg every day which is fantastic for this kind of car. I’ve even seen close to 50 on a couple of occasions. I think I want to make the car my own. New wheels, more power, brakes, I’m even looking at seats. And then just enjoy it when I can. I’m not someone to drive the car unsympathetically, but I do like to know it’s there if I find a quiet road.

Reactions: H Rafiq

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
The turbo upgrade was included in the cost of Stage 3, they take your old one away and replace with a new modified one.

What i see on Facebook is a lot of guys spending money going stage three (Golfs and Audis mainly) then breaking the car (as they are moving on) so there are always second hand turbo's out there if money is an issue (although I would not personally because you have no idea what you are buying).

I think you will be happy with stage two just make sure it included the engine and gearbox mounts plus the torque mount kit, these will keep more of the power on the road and less vibration in the cabin.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.