Revo stage 2 fitted - help!!!

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
Hi guys,

i travelled down to mrc motorsport yesterday to meet hooch for an ecu swap before he had his k04 custom map applied to my so called standard ecu, anyway this is what happend......

We took our ecu's out to swap and found that my "standard ecu" had an Apr chip in... badnews straight away! anyway the tallented guy at mrc removed the chip and replaced it with a standard one, both me and hooch were sweating as if this didnt work we then had 1 working ecu between two cars!!

anyway meenwhile we went out in my car with the stage 2 revo software now in use.......... i was dissapointad as it was no quicker than my apr chip , i was obviously expecting huge gains as i though my ecu was untouched, also whilst we were waiting hooch removed the boost resourvoir which sits antop of the rocker cover, and all the relevant piping was also removed for apparent gains. Also whilst inspecting my engine bay apparently my actuator had been messed around with so darren adjusted it accordingly, i then set of for my journey home...............

and..........

It was extremely quick to begin with.....

and after 30 mins.........

Its running like a bag of ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it feels:

Slower
less torque
less responsive
the boost comes in and out when it wants!

all that for 300 quid and my day off waisted!

Anyone had any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Im not blaming anyone i just want sum help guys!

Many thanks

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
If i were you i'd pipe everything back up how it should be, check all hoses for splits/cracks. Then get it on VAGCOM, clear the codes and see which ones come back.

Are you not supposed to have ko3s/FMIC/race cat/4bar fpr etc for REVO2?

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
i have got everything, just need to fit my intercooler sunday....... its ok saying plug it in but i dont have vagcom and we plugged it in yesterday and it was fine, im concerned its something to do with removing thos parts and adjusting the actuator????

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
My guess is if you didnt know you had APR map on your car, then your car wasnt running right i.e not boosting much, putting someone elses ecu on your car thats probably had the timing and boost advanced further like hooch probably has (as hes got moe mods than you) probably highlighted further problems with your car.

Get it vag com'd asap.

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Yeh its likely hooch had his settings high and without and intercooler boost is definatly gonna kick in whenever it feels like it! I had this problem even with revo stage 1 without the intercooler!

Get the intercooler fitted.

andycupra

status subject to change
you dont have an uprated downpipe then or intercooler...

its possible you were getting high EGT's (exhaust gas temperatures) and the ecu has pulled back as a result.

i would say with your set up you need to be running lower settings. Get an sps, perform an ecu rest, and run CONSERVATIVE setttings.

ps revo stage 2 may not 'feel' any quicker, as i understand it, it is more refined particularly low down the rev range. The power is higher up the rev range so its more progressive.

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
when i phoned revo, and told them what mods i had they said they are fine for stage 2 (and i also told them my situation with my intercooler) and they said it would be fine in this weather, my mate is running stage 2 with the same mods as me and his car runs very well, i was asking for sum help guys

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.