Revo vs Tuning box

x9moto

Oct 6, 2013
hi, i have just come from a tuning box on a 1.2tsi and now mapped to stage 1 by Revo and suprised by the lack of difference, people always said how maps were so much better, the only difference i notice is less turbo lag and the box was a bit more aggressive on power delivery while revo feels smoother more like stock but with much more power than stock, what do others with the revo map think of it?

.-Sam6J-.

Jan 3, 2016
Revo remaps are very good. Sometimes its a dealers faults if the map isnt very good. Depending on where you are the Daventry one is really good, my friends had his 1.2 tsi mapped there and it now goes like poo off a shovel.

Apart from this I am not sure but the maps are better than boxes.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
i had a custom map on my boc, well worth it over the other cars that ive had revo maps on.

x9moto

Oct 6, 2013
i live near norwich so i used CAT tuning they are supposed to be the best around here, it goes well much better than stock its just the tuning box had a much more brutal onset of boost so it was a very pronounced power band whereas now it feels smooth like stock only with much more power, i also had it mapped for super unleaded not sure how much difference it makes though.