Rich's Candy White FR 170 And Build Thread - Update - New wheels and more!

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
So Autoscan NE have no idea what they're doing with regards to remapping....

They don't have a clue what they are doing mate, he told me mine would be a custom remap but the one he tried to put on mine was just a quantum generic map. Told me something was wrong with my engine but john at Big Fish sorted it in about one and a half hours and engine is fine!? Didn't even know what logging was?!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
They don't have a clue what they are doing mate, he told me mine would be a custom remap but the one he tried to put on mine was just a quantum generic map. Told me something was wrong with my engine but john at Big Fish sorted it in about one and a half hours and engine is fine!? Didn't even know what logging was?!

Haha oh dear. Glad John looked after you! I had the golf done the other week at BFT again and it's like a different car!

I don't understand how Autoscan are revo dealers if they have no idea what they're doing, scary really!

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Yeah John sure did, a really nice guy, genuine with nothing to hide, explains everything!

I was thinking the same about Autoscan being Revo dealers! Shocking! Would not recommend them to anyone!!

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I didn't even know Autoscan existed and they're only based around the corner from my girlfriends house haha. Definitely won't ever be going there! Keep seeing your car outside Audio n Stuff, looks smart rich!

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Autoscan has been there for a good while now but the guy who has the rolling road took it over in May last year, only had the rolling road in about 2 months max?!

Cheers mate, it's getting there slowly!

Yes always in Audio n Stuff, it's my mates shop. Pop in sometime when you're passing mate if my cars outside

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Managed a couple of jobs on the car today, first was this -

IMAG0119_zpslyrzvrmw.jpg

What a difference, don't know how i've managed without an armrest?!

Other jobs, Plasti dipped my rear Leon badge and removed the fr badge. Did Plasti dip the Seat boot handle but peeled the corner off as soon as i tried to open it, so plan be and Matt vinyl wrapped it instead!

During -

IMAG0120_zpsfiaauwoj.jpg

After -

IMAG0123_zpsrgjnwi84.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures and car really needs a wash!!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Managed a couple of jobs on the car today, first was this -

IMAG0119_zpslyrzvrmw.jpg

What a difference, don't know how i've managed without an armrest?!

Other jobs, Plasti dipped my rear Leon badge and removed the fr badge. Did Plasti dip the Seat boot handle but peeled the corner off as soon as i tried to open it, so plan be and Matt vinyl wrapped it instead!

During -

IMAG0120_zpsfiaauwoj.jpg

After -

IMAG0123_zpsrgjnwi84.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures and car really needs a wash!!

Looks great Rich top job mate [B)]

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Just do it again mate if you've some dip left over. When I did my front badge the first time it went pear shaped and had to be re-done. Blast my sausage fingers :D

I would mate but think the handle is a little worn, it's catching on the top corner a little, even with the wrap has a slight mark already where it's rubbing. Going to sort a new handle and then do it again.

Doing the front badge on Sunday i think

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Ah right ok, think there were some new boot handles on the bay but bet sere Dave could do a better price for you.

Want to get an arm rest for mine at some point but will have to wait for now unless I can get one at a good price.

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Do you remember how much the boot handles where on Ebay?

Yeah the armrest wasn't very cheap but worth it, don't think i could be without it now, only car i've had without one and first thing i missed!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
They seem to range between £20-£30 mate.

Did you get your rest from Dave? If so what did it set you back if you don't mind me asking!

They don't seem to come up very often on the bay so seems I'll have to bite the bullet at some point.

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Hi all, it's been a while since i've been on here due to this and that and not been able to work on the car or progress it any further due to this. Should be back up and running in a few weeks so will be able to continue where i left off with getting the car sorted and the jobs i had to put on hold sorted! Thanks to all who follow my build thread and it's good to be back! ;)
Have been having a catch up on some other members build threads and have to say, some amazing work and talent!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.