rocker cover

L31GH C

PS3 Tag: L31GHC
Dec 21, 2008
Birmingham
thinking of tidying under my bonnet up starting with having the rocker cover done. So... are they easy to remove??? would you need to change the gasket? any thing to wathc out for???

also colour??? thinking 1 of either - onvi yellow, blue, black or polished

cheers leigh

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Easy to change mate just a few nuts thats all really, only a 5 min job to take off, you may as well replace the gasket while your there too, think there like a tenner from the dealers

Sprayed mine gloss black, went nice with the blue too. Couldn't be bothered polishing it would have to keep it clean then lol but i do like the look of the polished ones

Have a look in the readers rides for some ideas. Heres a pic of mine anyways

09122008424.jpg

16112008392.jpg

L31GH C

Dec 21, 2008
Birmingham
nice 1, was thinking black to be fair, not a big fan of the polished look but would look nice with the intercooler pipes etc BUt thinking of doing them the same colour as the rocker.

anchancxe i could have a copy of your spec too please :)

L31GH C

Dec 21, 2008
Birmingham
realy like it mate thinking of doing the same in the engine bay, inlet, rocker & pipes black

did you have them painted or powder coated??

L31GH C

Dec 21, 2008
Birmingham
should be alot less than that, what did you have done?

also what did you do 2 your FMIC??? hate mine stands out to much :(

ian_cupra

that was for rocker cover, inlet mani and charge pipe

sprayed the intercooler black :D looks way better like that, stealth like ;)

ian_cupra

used a de-greaser on it, then just used hammerite on it, few coats sorted it out

L31GH C

Dec 21, 2008
Birmingham
nice no sandin etc? sorry about all the questions bust i tend 2 mess up when i jump into things if i don't ask 1st lol

ian_cupra

i had the intercooler off for a few days. so remember you wont be able to use the car ;)

worth it though, looks so much better IMO

ian_cupra

:lol: i had the intercooler drying in my airing cupboard, as it was to cold in the garage for the paint to dry properly :D

L31GH C

Dec 21, 2008
Birmingham
:lol: i'm hoping if i do it with my heaters on it won't take aslong to dry but if not i'll stick it in my boiler room :blink: lol

ian_cupra

cool, make sure you post some pics up when its done mate :D have fun

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members