Rubber mats

Oct 9, 2022
Hello, I'm looking for rubber mats for Leon for the winter, so I thought I'd find out how original they are. If I found out correctly, these are apparently original: link
But here in Slovakia, I can't find them anywhere at all. I found similar ones, but I think they are 99% the same and from the manufacturer Gledring. So my question is: Is it possible that they are exactly the same as the original or is it even possible that Gledring made it for SEAT?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
These look like the originals I fitted to my Leon on day 1. Worn a hole in the driver's mat as a lot softer than those in my Mk3 Octavia. Floor Pan is identical for 5dr/ST.

Also, the mats have Golf Mk7 and the car position in the box at the bottom, so you may find some for Mk7 Golf cheaper/listed elsewhere.

Oct 9, 2022
So quality is not too much? As if they could last me two seasons, that's enough for me. Since at the same time I only plan to have them for the winter and in the spring I will put textile mats straight away.

I also looked at the Golf Mk7 as you wrote, but I didn't find anything extra, we have a really limited selection, even most of them look terrible... the Gledring ones still look good, plus when I take into account the price of 30€ so I wouldn't mind at all if they lasted two seasons.

Oct 9, 2022
I don't want to start a new topic, so I'm asking here. Who makes the original wipers for SEAT? I read that probably a SWF, is that true?

Oct 9, 2022
Thanks. Or what brands still make good wipers? Except for Bosch, I've had them a few times and I'd rather try others.

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
I've just fitted Bosch set A350S, seem smooth so far and were direct fit, and half the price of original Seat.
They have Bosch printed on the end caps, but it's not too noticeable.

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
I bought the Gledring rubber mats also, they are the same as the original Seat ones but less expensive, got the boot liner also in a package on eBay for £69.

Oct 9, 2022
I've just fitted Bosch set A350S, seem smooth so far and were direct fit, and half the price of original Seat.
They have Bosch printed on the end caps, but it's not too noticeable.
I was thinking about Valeo or SWF first, but I went to the Bosch ones (A945S) and I have to say they are amazing. Silent and compared to the originals, which served so well. We'll see how long they last, maybe later I'll try another set of pre-salons from Valeo or SWF for a test.

But at the same time interesting, here in Slovakia it is almost impossible to buy an original seat wipers. Most stores only have well-known brands such as Valeo, SWF, Bosch and others. The only authorized service, when I asked if they could get them for me, they said yes, but for a lot of money - 55€, I think that's quite enough and I doubt that they would last longer than Bosch or others.

About the mats, I also bought Gledring after all, and they are great. They look elegant, they were scented with a little vanilla scent from the factory to avoid the smell of rubber, but honestly it didn't help much and for a few days it still smelled like rubber.

Reactions: oldglosracer

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
I was thinking about Valeo or SWF first, but I went to the Bosch ones (A945S) and I have to say they are amazing. Silent and compared to the originals, which served so well. We'll see how long they last, maybe later I'll try another set of pre-salons from Valeo or SWF for a test.

But at the same time interesting, here in Slovakia it is almost impossible to buy an original seat wipers. Most stores only have well-known brands such as Valeo, SWF, Bosch and others. The only authorized service, when I asked if they could get them for me, they said yes, but for a lot of money - 55€, I think that's quite enough and I doubt that they would last longer than Bosch or others.

About the mats, I also bought Gledring after all, and they are great. They look elegant, they were scented with a little vanilla scent from the factory to avoid the smell of rubber, but honestly it didn't help much and for a few days it still smelled like rubber.
Yes they do smell of vanilla don't they.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.