Runing cables through firewall

gsila

Oct 24, 2016
Is there any easy accessible through holes/gromets in the firewall to run a couple of wires throu firewall.
And did anyone sucesfully add circuits in stock engine bay fusebox?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Is there any easy accessible through holes/gromets in the firewall to run a couple of wires throu firewall.
And did anyone sucesfully add circuits in stock engine bay fusebox?
It depends on what you want power for ! the best way to get power is just use a piggy back and tap into
a fuse

gsila

Oct 24, 2016
I want to install an air horn.
So i measured operating current of air compressor for horn and it draws 15-25 A (open hose or closed hose). I want to keep stock horn functional and just add a fuse, relay and a switch for airhorn... airhorn activated(both horns wil be working) when deactivated... only stock horn will be working.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Put a relay in the current horn circuit and then just wire the air horn from the engine fusebox. No need to go through the firewall

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Wait, you want to turn the airhorns off?

Ignore the above then and don't get caught.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I want to install an air horn.
So i measured operating current of air compressor for horn and it draws 15-25 A (open hose or closed hose). I want to keep stock horn functional and just add a fuse, relay and a switch for airhorn... airhorn activated(both horns wil be working) when deactivated... only stock horn will be working.
Ok I get it, I don't know of any where but there must be a rubber grommet that would allow you to get a wire through, you should get away with just one wire and you could do it as the single wire goes to the switch and then to earth, but just make sure you fuse it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.