SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Its not just about power its niggly things that do my head in, example imogens door wont open :( now i have lost intrest in fixing it. I want a car that i just drive without worring about it. In the last 18 months, i have spent £2000 on tax and insurance and only done 700 miles.
I can brake my car and have enough cash from it to buy a mk2 cupra. I wont ever do a big turbo conversion again, stage 2 is where its at for me in future. I have spent around £14k on my car and cant drive it without something bothering me.

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Sad times mate. Seems to be a very similar story across the board ATM though.

Hope you're happy with you future purchase, best of luck dude :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
To be fair there is nothing wrong with the bt setup. What tipped me over the edge is the rear passenger door wont open and this is where imogen sits. I have lost interest in fixing it as its the second time its happened, i will have to smash the door card off and then brake the lock. I really cant be bothered.

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
I must admit I was shocked to hear this Sam, especially after all the effort of making this one of the finest examples on here, but I do get it, the older these cars get the harder it is to keep them tip top. Its sad but not surprising another one bites the dust.

Nutta121

Sep 23, 2012
Hampshire
Sam I had the same problem with my rear passenger door wouldn't open due to the central locking not engaging properly to unlock the car, a new door mechanism sorted that problem out and its been 6 months and its like it never went wrong. If that's all that's bothering you I'd say fix it and your laughing.

Be sad to see it broken up dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
I must admit I was shocked to hear this Sam, especially after all the effort of making this one of the finest examples on here, but I do get it, the older these cars get the harder it is to keep them tip top. Its sad but not surprising another one bites the dust.

Thanks dude, I have put 100% of everything I have got into this car but it seems to let me down, set back after set back, I just wanted to drive it without fault. Every week there is something new that needs sorting. All the work I have done is fine. It's the rest of the car showing its age I think.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Sam I had the same problem with my rear passenger door wouldn't open due to the central locking not engaging properly to unlock the car, a new door mechanism sorted that problem out and its been 6 months and its like it never went wrong. If that's all that's bothering you I'd say fix it and your laughing.

Be sad to see it broken up dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi nutta I know the issue, its the second time on the same door. It was a nasty job first time round.

James D1

Pre-facelift
Aug 2, 2012
Essex, Uk
i can see where your coming from sam, i spent a bomb on my previous car (fiat stilo) making it how i wanted it but it always had an unpleasent suprise waiting for me and that spelt the end of that venture. your LCR is very nice, although if i was in your shoes i wouldnt get a mk2 leon as they dont seem to be the most reliable ever built but hey ho lol.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise