Scraping noise (Behind Steering Wheel) ???

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
I seem to have a scraping noise coming from behind my steering wheel. Ive checked all the plastics around it and nothing seems to be catching on it. I have also taken the wheel off and given all the connections behind it a good clean

Its really bugging me [:@]

Any Ideas :confused:

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
Take your steering wheel off and have a look. Not sure how simular it is to the saxo set up but might just be catching on something. As doesnt make that noise as standard lol.

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
its where dirt gets inbetween the contact of the airbag and the connector. its like a sprung metal bit. Get a piece of A4 paper and run it between the connector then turn the steering wheel. Gets any grit off causing the noise.

I get it every now and then and does my bloody nut in!

You will see it if you look for the left hand side behind the wheel where it connects to the steering coloum.

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
its where dirt gets inbetween the contact of the airbag and the connector. its like a sprung metal bit. Get a piece of A4 paper and run it between the connector then turn the steering wheel. Gets any grit off causing the noise.

I get it every now and then and does my bloody nut in!

You will see it if you look for the left hand side behind the wheel where it connects to the steering coloum.

I have had the whole steering wheel off and given it a good clean including the connectors you are talking about. Ill try it again and chuck some grease around it as there was loads on there when i took it off

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Try my method with the paper mate, im 99% sure thats the problem.

First time I did exactly the same taking it all apart and it still made the noise, then tried the paper and worked lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.