Seat Ibiza 1.5 Manual to DSG conversion

Jul 1, 2022
Hi All, I have been contemplating whether or not do this conversion as there's not much information about it out there. But looking at what I've found so far it should be quite straightforward. I have a Rare 1.5 Evo Fr 150bhp (as not many were made/sold in the UK) and I want to covert it to a dsg as it was not standard in the UK. Its weird because abroad such as Spain and Germany the 1.5 evo comes with a dsg as standard. Was thinking about taking a 1.0 110 dsg transmission and putting that into my 1.5. The question is has anyone done this before? How much would it cost? What other parts would I need? Is there a company out there that would tackle this job say a retrofitter or performance garage? Thanks.

Last edited:

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
Originally 1.5L for MY 17/18 was only sold as manual.
Than during MY19-20 the 1.5L production was suspended for the Ibiza.
In late 20 / early 21, the production was restarted, this time only with the DSG.

I don't know about the reasoning behind the transmission change decision.
Not sure about the specifics od 1.0 vs 1.5 DSGs, but I don't really think the conversion would be that straightforward.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@SIMPSON619 - also worth checking with your insurance company, as there may be premium implications in modifying your car from a manual to a DSG.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance for this type of conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Save your money and do not bother

Highly doubt a 1.0l DSG will cope with a 1.5l power train

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.