taxation class

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
hi in 2020 i bought the first edition seat leon mk 4 with the 1.5 ETSI the mild hybrid after about a year a letter from the DVLA saying that seat uk had informed them with the incorrect fuel type and taxation class and a new V5C would be issued together with a tax refund . the amended V5C had the taxation class as alternative fuel car and type of fuel as hybrid elec well i purchased a cupra leon 1.5 ETSI last year and the V5C has the same mistake on the V5C it reads taxation class petrol car and type of fuel petrol im still trying to sort this out with seat /dealer . if anyone who has purchased a 1.5 mild hybid ETSI on this forum could look at your V5C document and see what has been put on yours it would be much appreciated

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
hi in 2020 i bought the first edition seat leon mk 4 with the 1.5 ETSI the mild hybrid after about a year a letter from the DVLA saying that seat uk had informed them with the incorrect fuel type and taxation class and a new V5C would be issued together with a tax refund . the amended V5C had the taxation class as alternative fuel car and type of fuel as hybrid elec well i purchased a cupra leon 1.5 ETSI last year and the V5C has the same mistake on the V5C it reads taxation class petrol car and type of fuel petrol im still trying to sort this out with seat /dealer . if anyone who has purchased a 1.5 mild hybid ETSI on this forum could look at your V5C document and see what has been put on yours it would be much appreciated
What bad luck, and they say lighting never strikes twice, hope you get it sorted soon.

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Ain’t government removing the discount for alternative fuel models this year / next year anyway? Amongst others, Ive got an lpg which will no longer get discount & an ev which was free & will no longer be. It’s not uncommon for vehicles to be registered incorrectly. Over the years I’ve had a Saab saloon that said convertible & a bmw convertible that said estate. Depends how gormless the sales admin are at the dealership

Reactions: jay-bob 25

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
Ain’t government removing the discount for alternative fuel models this year / next year anyway? Amongst others, Ive got an lpg which will no longer get discount & an ev which was free & will no longer be. It’s not uncommon for vehicles to be registered incorrectly. Over the years I’ve had a Saab saloon that said convertible & a bmw convertible that said estate. Depends how gormless the sales admin are at the dealership
the 2024 annual VED flat rates for cars registered after april 2017 will see petrol and diesel cars paying £180 for 12 months alternative fuel cars paying £170 and electric cars not paying anything

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.