Seat leon 2008 1.9 shutting down while driving

Apr 25, 2024
Hello guys,

I don't know what to do and what to check next. I have Seat Leon 1.9 77kw, 2008yo. Like 4-5 months ago had a first problem. There was -20 degrees at night and when I tried start a car engine and it's failed. Then I tried charge the battery, start the car with wires and then I saw oil leaking from oil cooler and then I just leave it. After one week I try start the engine again and it's started successfully, just drive to the garage and car engine just stopped but just again tried start engine and it's all good. Changed oil, all filters, oil cooler and then next day I tried to test a car and in the road just engine stopped. I tried start the engine and won't start. I just try couple times and after about 20 minutes engine just start like as if nothing was wrong and then starting this 4 months journey.. Engine turn off while driving, sometimes after 10km, sometimes 50km or even after 200km. Just stops.. then after waiting around 20 minutes engine just starts like normal. It is doing this like every ride, sometimes couple times, sometimes none. I don't know what to do. I drove to the couple car services and they didn't know what to do, ten I changed ECU, but still the same. Could you help me guys who had a similar problem?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, in a case like this, i would definitely suspect the 'Crankshaft positon sensor' or sometimes its called the 'Engine speed sensor'

Sometimes when the engine gets very hot or cold, the crankshaft sensor will stop working. The crankshaft sensor is usually the only sensor that will cause the car to stop running. They are usually fairly cheap, but make sure you buy a brand like Bosch not something from amazon/ebay etc. Make sure its a genuine sensor as there are a lot of fakes out there.

Other possible options would be the fuel pump relay, or the fuel pump itself. But the crank sensor would be by far the most likely in my opinion. I hope that is some help