Seat Leon FR MK2 2008 Blackout / Shock

May 28, 2023
Hi, I recently encountered this odd problem with my mk2 2008 FR. My engine runs smoothly and suddenly starts to have a slight jiggling sensation, almost as if someone is pushing the accelerator pedal. After I turn off the engine, everything goes completely dark, as if the car experienced a shock. The key in the ignition doesn't do anything, and the car key doesn't open the doors. It's an absolute blackout. After waiting for around 5-20 minutes, the car turns back on. I tried restarting it by holding the key buttons, but it doesn't respond. I checked my battery, and it seems fine. The problem has been occurring more frequently. The car also has a small oil leak (a little bit of blue smoke) that needs to be checked, but I don't think it's related. Has anyone else experienced the same issue?
The previous owner had installed a subwoofer in the back, but I removed installation from the battery. However, I am still experiencing the same problems.

Sep 13, 2022
Hi mate, you seem to have a similar problem like mine, take a look, maybe we can get some feedback together... if you still have the problem in your car, try this... when it start to jiggle as you feel it... try to turn on the rear windows heating and/or interior fans to max speed, see if you can.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.