Share your experience of Android-Auto, Apple Carplay, Mirrorlink

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Right some interesting news following on from Boxers rumours above.

My dealer salesman has been to spain for the new Ibiza launch and was told that for the MIB2 infotainment units there will be a retrofit upgrade available. When, start rolling out by the end of August, just has to filter through to the UK and to the dealers :)

So what's MIB2;

Been told it will be for MY2015 but only if you have Navigation high like mine :) but not the standard unit.

For the MY2016 units i believe they all can be retrofitted with it, or maybe switched on is the correct terminology.

We looked at a standard Nav DAB unit in a newly delivered MY2016 Leon and it has full link on the menu but not activated. This would be applicable.

So finally slightly future proof cars!

Who knows what it will cost, watch this space!

Last edited:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
That's encouraging news Kev as I have the same MY 2015 Nav High as you! Mind you, interesting your observations re Andriod Auto though - all sounds not very well thought through to me, but will be glad if we can get Full Link on our Nav High's - surely it can't be more than the £150 they charge as a factory extra?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
That's encouraging news Kev as I have the same MY 2015 Nav High as you! Mind you, interesting your observations re Andriod Auto though - all sounds not very well thought through to me, but will be glad if we can get Full Link on our Nav High's - surely it can't be more than the £150 they charge as a factory extra?

Indeed. Laptop...clicky clicky.... It can't be much different!

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
MirrorLink Samsung Galaxy A7

Just wondered if anyone had successfully paired their mobile phone via MirrorLink on Navigation High 2015MY.

Thinking of getting a Galaxy A7 which allegedly is MirrorLink compatible - anyone had any experience of this mobile phone - it will be replacing a Galaxy Note 3, as the Note 4 seems a lot more expensive sim free and the Note 5, just announced, isn't coming to UK

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Haven't tried anything yet with mine. In the next few days I'm about to try an new S6, will report back.

cs8

May 19, 2015
Just wondered if anyone had successfully paired their mobile phone via MirrorLink on Navigation High 2015MY.

Thinking of getting a Galaxy A7 which allegedly is MirrorLink compatible - anyone had any experience of this mobile phone - it will be replacing a Galaxy Note 3, as the Note 4 seems a lot more expensive sim free and the Note 5, just announced, isn't coming to UK

A7 works, it is a bit slow and Seat DriveApp crashed sometimes. It worked better with Note4. But it is a huge phone. I hope Samsung will release Android 5 for s5 mini. :confused:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
A7 works, it is a bit slow and Seat DriveApp crashed sometimes. It worked better with Note4. But it is a huge phone. I hope Samsung will release Android 5 for s5 mini. :confused:

It's about time. S6 mini was supposed to be lanched on the 13th but wasn't. Got fed up waiting but regretting the size of this S6 now. Where's my Nokia 8310 gone...

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Got a couple of questions for CarPlay users:

1) You open CarPlay, you play some Music/Spotify, but you want SatNav and Apple Maps sucks, you press 'Nav' to use the cars system, does the music continue?

2) As above, you're in CarPlay, you ask Siri to play a playlist, you move to 'Nav' but now want to play another playlist, you press the voice command button, who responds Siri or the car?

3) You're in 'Nav' and receive a text message, does CarPlay offer to read it or must you switch back to CarPlay?

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I made a call to Samsung today to ask what they know about Mirrorlink and Android auto.

Now it took this guy 15minutes to ask and he came back with:

The S6's definitely work with Mirrorlink.
I said to him that Wikipedia for example says Android 5 (lollipop) or higher works (how true that is). He says no, it has to be 5 out the box, not a lower android that has been updated. ie the S5 can run on 5 but won't work very well, if at all.
No mention of Android auto.

Wikipedia also says Android auto work with Lollipop or higher, updated to? Not sure.

All conflicting information so far:

The SEAT link in my post number 86 says the A3 will work with Mirrorlink on Lollipop

Here I can’t see an A3 listed

https://cert.mirrorlink.com/Productlisting/

Go here

http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones/Samsung

Click phone and Samsung and the S5 is listed the A3, A5, and A7 among others

The A3 shipped with KitKat (4) and is updateble to Lollipop!

Totally lost :cry:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Sorry to let you down the S6 went back, far too big for me. Thought i could make do and i was wrong :( Re thinking now but still lost as to what.

Oh that's a shame!

My Note 3 is definitely running lollipop albeit as an update so won't run MirrorLink.

So the search goes onwards, though not necessarily upwards lol!

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
1, yes
2, no You have to go manualy back to CarPlay
3, here's a demo... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1vpOQeM9M8

When You recieve a text message the system switches to Apple CarPlay and shows You a notification...

Verzonden met Tapatalk

Ah, must have missed that video, thanks for that.

I take it none of the physical buttons can take you back to CarPlay when you leave it? I always struggle with the touch screen while driving as my hand is bouncing up and down making it hard to poke the right spot!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise