Soaking drivers carpet HELP

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I'm changing my drivers crash sensor and wondering if anyone knows where the hell the water is coming from, the carpet it soaking underneath, I've pored water over the window and windscreen but no leak, pluss taking driver door card of to see the seals and they are fine, can anyone tell me the problem please.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I can't see how that is I've closed the doors and poured water all over them and no leak, I'll have a look anyway thanks mate.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Well I took my door card of yesterday and on the door card where the speaker would be it was very dirty looking, so I think it may be coming from there, can I just you silicon, can't be arsed wi the butyl tape. Thanks mate

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I used the tape which is 100% fix, Silicon tends to fail going by forum posts. When I did mine I took everything out to dry it so didnt want to risk having to do it twice.

Only other place it could be are pollen filter letting water into passenger side

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Passenger side was getting wet but that was cause the wiper washer pipe came appart, tell you it's a small but big job, taking seats out all trim, I only wanted to change my crash sensor and seen all that dampness, well I think I'll tackle the problem tomorrow, I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and the car will be sitting at the airport, I was gonna put the cover over it but if I fix this problem I won't have to, anyway thanks for the info I'll let you no how I get on once I've done it.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Well that's me re sealed the carrier door seals, let's see if that stops the leaking, I've fitter a new drivers crash sensor as well, I'm gonna go down and wash the car and see if any water get in, fingers crossed it doesn't.

HempEyn

May 28, 2015
I had the same issue, I didn't solve the leaking problem but my crash sensor was all wet which caused it to stop working, same as yours. Just in case you might wany to put som silicon on the connection of the sensor to prevent it from getting wet in future.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I had the same issue, I didn't solve the leaking problem but my crash sensor was all wet which caused it to stop working, same as yours. Just in case you might wany to put som silicon on the connection of the sensor to prevent it from getting wet in future.

Hopefully it don't get wet again mate, not spending time and money fixing it to not work, I've got a spare crash sensor anyway just in case lol, so take it you never fixed the problem of the leak?

HempEyn

May 28, 2015
I never even tried fixing it to be honest, I had bigger issues to solve. I might back to it when the sun comes out which rarely happens in this coutry :). Where did you get your sensor from and for how much? I called about a dozen of shops and non of them had it so I got it from Poland for about 10 quid.

HempEyn

May 28, 2015
Mine is stuck outside no matter what so I'll have to do something about it. I already replaced it so I'm fine but thanks. Btw both sensors are the same in my car so should be the same in yours and it doesn't matter which side you put them on.

somersetdub

Apr 13, 2015
On Leon's and mk4 Golfs, the door seals ALWAYS go eventually... And as traumapat said it's often hard to spot exactly where it's coming in.
The genuine butyl roll from tps works brilliantly if you've got any leaks, just reseal completely around the lower half of every door - the upper half never gets wet, so the original seal doesn't rot that high up.
The speakers also need sealing.
And then check the pollen filter seal and cover for any damage as that's the other place water comes in..
After those two things are sorted, it's
very unlikely you'll have any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.