Speaker Sizes

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
Hey guys had my Ibiza now for 20 months since brand new and decided I want to put a sound system in. I got the DAB so I know the blaupunkt headunit can handle it, just unsure what size my front and rear speakers are? Can anyone help me please? Also, I don't want a massive sub, just something subtle. Seen an 8" vibe? Anyone have any suggestions? Cheers guys

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
i have been searching the net all day. i believe that the front and rear are the same, 17cm/6.5". found some vibe slick 60's im guna buy and hope that they both fit!!
cheers buddy

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
i have been searching the net all day. i believe that the front and rear are the same, 17cm/6.5". found some vibe slick 60's im guna buy and hope that they both fit!!
cheers buddy

Tell me how that goes, i'm wondering the same thing ;)

RichIbizaSport

Says Bye! x
Apr 29, 2007
Hull
www.facebook.com
Your right about the sizes, but im thinking the mounting depth will be to great. But feel free to try the vibe's because i quite fancy a pair :D (my front front passenger side speaker is broken)

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
speakers are 6.5" all round.. i got rockford T162S to fit in the front with a 1" mdf baffle and they're 68mm mounting depth compared to 54 for the vibe's :p:

Last edited:

nate03

Friday :-)
Oct 20, 2004
Troon
I can confirm they are 16.5cm, i did this myself to my dab last month and fitted JBL GTO607 components front and back into the blaupunkt headunit.

A few folk on here have done the same and the consensus is that they are **** hot!

Also if you are fitting speakers into a dab which only has the front speakers and not the rear (me :() Then you will have to order rear speaker brackets that will cost about £30.

Finally if you are planning a subwoofer also to run off the blaupunkt headunit you will have to buy a special blaupunkt lead to convert to the rca. Most people i have talked to think if you are planning big sounds to get rid of the blaupunkt altogether and get an alpine or pioneer head unit.

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
Cheers nate.

It's damn annoying that you buy a special edition car, based on the DAB theme, yet they take out the rear speakers. Why? I don't know.

I think tomorrow I'm going to take it to my local audio shop to get a quote, then over to Droitwich Seat (which I DO NOT recommend) to see if they can provide me with some rear speaker brackets.

I will stay with the blaupunkt headunit as I enjoy having the DAB radio, and don't really want a **** hot sound system, just something a tad more punchy!

Will keep this post updated to let you know how I get on. ;)

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Cheers nate.

It's damn annoying that you buy a special edition car, based on the DAB theme, yet they take out the rear speakers. Why? I don't know.

I think tomorrow I'm going to take it to my local audio shop to get a quote, then over to Droitwich Seat (which I DO NOT recommend) to see if they can provide me with some rear speaker brackets.

I will stay with the blaupunkt headunit as I enjoy having the DAB radio, and don't really want a **** hot sound system, just something a tad more punchy!

Will keep this post updated to let you know how I get on. ;)

forget speaker brackets, just cut some mdf to fit.. i used 9mm for my speakers. There is a thread by someone else showing the basics of how to do it, ill have a look for it.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
same problem with my 5dr FR. As the 3dr is most popular Seat don't install tweets in the rear doors for the 5dr version, instead they use same 6.5" with top mounted tweet, which is nothing like the front...i was so disappointed but now ordered same setup as the front for the rear :thumbup: as the std speakers aint bad

roboftherangers

I had to change my front speakers for aftermarket ones. Which meant having to get adapters for them. Couldn't find anywhere that sell adapters for mk4. Some websites sell adapters for ibiza stating that they fit models 2000-2004 but they are infact for mk3 not mk4. So after discovering this had to buy VW Lupo adapters and with slight adjustment of adapters with a saw got some 17cm components fitted. Think the Lupo adapters were part number SAK 3105 or 3106, it was something like that anyway.

wolfie

I fitted infinity components into my car and made the adapters myself out of 12mm MDF

Kandrat

Ahh, I had a similar problem, i bought some pioneers 17cm speakers (the standards blew) for the front door of my Ibiza Mk4 (57 plate).... Once I had taken the door panel off and drilled out the rivets holding the speaker I realised that the hole wasnt the rights size so I needed an adaptor for it... I looked for a while couldn't find any that seemed to match, so once the speakers were out i carefully cut the bridges holding the speaker to the mould, filed it down made it silky smooth and put my new speakers in.... now im in a middle of putting it all together so hope if will be fine, i dont see why it shouldn't, its a free and quick way of getting round the problem.... :D

P.s. Im taking some pics of it just for records really, but if this does work and people wish to see (let me know if you do), how to do so, il upload the pic's on a new thread..... :confused:

Poverty

Infinity components are ****. Do not get them, have them in my ibiza and the are cack. No bass whatsoever.

auto...emocion

what i found when i did my door speakers was the magnets on the standars spearkers are so small that when i fitted some fusion speakers in my door had to make spacers for the window to come down propperly which all works lovely now but the door card just sits off the door abit now .

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
if i upgread all my front speakers n they come with tweakers in the middle do i disconect my old ones and just leave them? n if i put 6x9s in the back do i not use the origional tweakers there? and do i need an amp of can i just use standard head unit or an aftermarket one?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise