standard boost with new guage?

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
Ok heres the 411. I basically want to know the standard boost that the turbo runs at with no performance modifications.

As ive just had a boost guage fitted to the top hose off of the N75 (prefix "F" shall i get it changed?).....i thought it had to be fitted off of either the DV top hose or the FPR

Pic below of where its fitted.

Hose.jpg

At the moment the guage is showing im running at 5 psi...is this the correct amount of boost or could i have a leak?

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
I was told by one of the dudes in the local car modifying shop that as long as its connected to vaccuum hose it doesnt matter,

but the thing is, is the guage doesnt give a negative reading, its always on 0 PSI, but when i tried it out connected to the DV and to the FPR (before i got someone to fit it) it gave a negative reading of -10 i think but it was definately negative

So i wonder, is it in the right place??

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
It should give a negative reading when the car is ticking over, rev it and it will goto 0 or there abouts, put load on the engine and you will get positive pressure.

ADAMWIGGY

Hi mine is teed off the dump valve top hose and i get -10vac when on choke, -20vac on standard idle and +9ish when at full boost this is on a standard map. if i were you i would defo move the t piece to the dump valve hose. hope this helps.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Stock LCR is 10psi I know.

p.s change that hose for proper rubber stuff, it will melt/split if it hasn't done already.

ADAMWIGGY

yep what he said above. that hose you get with the guages is c##p forge sell 3 metre proper vac hose for about a fiver and you can choose the color you want.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Mine split, caused all sorts of problems. It's easy to change though, just tape the new hose to the end tightly and pull it through the bulkhead.

You need 4mm internal diammeter.

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
im doneski. Cheers for the feedback, i went down the local factors got 2 hose connectors and fitted a new piece of hose (stole off the brother) to the FPR

Reading -20 at idle and at full load 9PSI/10PSI

Gona get a rolling road done soon hopefully to diagnose my pulling back problem

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.