ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
lmao? don't think thats funny
just my experience... :rolleyes:
much better than the standard ones

presuming you are replying to me.
EBC Green are shocking pads. - searchy will confirm the majority opinion.

and this is from personal experience, along with a host more types of pads, disks, calipers. I am laughing at the EBC Green is good comment yes.. they simply are'nt. Use em hard (why bother with "fast road pads" if you dont use em) and you will see they dissapear very rapidly. Wear rate is poor. Not saying they dont stop.

My car came new with these and in 1K of its first 1K miles they wore out. Running in miles and they were consumed. Yes they stopped, but wear rate is simply unacceptable.

Pagid FR5051 pads "used" to be my choice for fast road, but since their take over by TRD they are not the pad they used to be. Very wooden pedal feel with dissapointing bite. I have swapped over to Ferodo DS2500's and these are one of the best fast road pads around, slightly better than pagid FR used to be.

:)

dejmos

Jun 19, 2006
for YOUR cupra, they aren't good enough, thats true.
but i think for a normal standard-one and for normal road use they'll do very fine.
racetrack is another theme :)

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
BILL - do you mean the standard pads suffer fom brake fade? i.e you couldn't stop twice quickly from high speed straight away, but once they've cooled down there fine?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
for YOUR cupra, they aren't good enough, thats true.
but i think for a normal standard-one and for normal road use they'll do very fine.
racetrack is another theme :)

NO! for my Cupra when it was brand new road car.
It bares little resemblance to std now.

I have run on 280mm disks for years in VW's trust me.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
BILL - do you mean the standard pads suffer fom brake fade? i.e you couldn't stop twice quickly from high speed straight away, but once they've cooled down there fine?

yep. thats the std ones, which on mine were Jurid. Still have em on the shelf.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise