steering wheel opinions please!

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
Errr, yes, if you look back in this very thread there is a picture of one!

emphasis on mk2 version of the R32; ;)

jettagli3.jpg

or even better... does the below audi s3 steering wheel fit??

Audi_S3_Interior.jpg

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
emphasis on mk2 version of the R32; ;)

jettagli3.jpg

or even better... does the below audi s3 steering wheel fit??

Audi_S3_Interior.jpg

Sorry, didn't notice the Mk2 comment :)

However, it's commonly referred to as a MK5 R32 (I.E Mk5 Golf model)...

Not liking the Mk5 R32 wheel, however the new flat bottommed S3/RS4 wheel is gorgeous!

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
i like the r32 (MK5) wheel, although not sure the finish of the material would go well in the seat, maybe its that pic but it looks too 'brushed'... like a skoda fabia interior?? the audi/seat interior is more, hmmm, 'polished'?

loving the S3 wheel but couldnt it have been EVEN CHUNKIER?? :confused:

as for the MK4 R32 wheel, dont see the point in that one, does nothing for either style or function imo.

anyway, important question is, would the S3 wheel pictured fit?

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
i like the r32 (MK5) wheel, although not sure the finish of the material would go well in the seat, maybe its that pic but it looks too 'brushed'... like a skoda fabia interior?? the audi/seat interior is more, hmmm, 'polished'?

loving the S3 wheel but couldnt it have been EVEN CHUNKIER?? :confused:

as for the MK4 R32 wheel, dont see the point in that one, does nothing for either style or function imo.

anyway, important question is, would the S3 wheel pictured fit?

Mk4 R32 Wheel - Style maybe not but the feel is simply sublime, believe me, dont knock it till you've driven with one..

The new S3 wheel 'should' fit based upon the fact that the 8P chassis started out life utilising the old shape (8L) wheels and airbags. However, it is quite possible that that VAG changed the column spline configuration...

I need another whiskey!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
assuming the new s3 is based on the mk5 golf, as is the mk2 leon, then the wheel wont fit! :(

just for safety i want to stick with mk4 golf based car wheels :D

cupra_brown, how the hell did you find those? ages of searching on fleabay just left me with steering wheel badges.

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
assuming the new s3 is based on the mk5 golf, as is the mk2 leon, then the wheel wont fit! :(

cupra_brown, how the hell did you find those? ages of searching on fleabay just left me with steering wheel badges.

Hmm, i wouldn't take that as a given.

I DO know that a B7 RS4 wheel (same as 8L S3) fits on the B6 A4 so I reckon it would fit.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
now you're just confusing me....i started off with 2 choices and now you are bringing all kind of audi wheels in to consideration....its just not on! ;)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Hmm, i wouldn't take that as a given.

I DO know that a B7 RS4 wheel (same as 8L S3) fits on the B6 A4 so I reckon it would fit.

Be careful - a lot of wheels will bolt on, but the centre airbag section is often a different shape.

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005

i searched for r32 steering.......................:D