Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
LOL. Just didnt quite grasp parts of it bud. Guessing by yoke you either mean car or toledo?

*EDIT*

Just noticed were it says toledo in your last post :doh:

Last edited:

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
nice yoke lad!! what make are your springs and how low? did you get shocks to go with them or should they be grand with out uprated shocks? your yokes really looking well i duno wether to take all the badges of my yoke might leave the seat badge on!

lol "yoke" is a new one to me but hey,,, me springs are V-max i think and there off a mk4 golf, it was ment to be 40mm lowere but it was a real tractor with the new wheels so it may have lowered a little more, i havent gone with uprated shocks as plan on getting coilovers one day, but for the time being i have found the ride not much worse than O.E spec, so they will do for now.. i no what your saying about the badges, i dont think anybody who doesnt own a seat etc has actully reconised what car it is so i may consider a small seat badge one day in the future

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
quick update, booked in for a stage 1 remap on tuesday at P-torque.

Got my boost gauge all plumbed in and it seems to be spiking at 19psi (in 1st 2nd and 3rd) dropping sharply to 14psi and stays till about 4200rpm then tails off. Then spikes at about 16psi in 4th and 5th and again drops to 14 psi and stays untill 14psi untill 4250rpm again. Anyone no if this sounds right??

cheers

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
well after leaving my house at 5:45 this morning and not getting to P-torque untill about 11:40 it was a long old trip when you include the blooming traffic... got there and the service, Will (and his dad) was great very polite and helpful, explained everything in full to me as im a trainee mechanic found it intresting to TRY and get me head round the technology... The after results are superb,, would reconmend it to anyone. it was running an fairly impressive 119bhp as standard and was then shot up to 152bhp... the torque was running slightly low as standard apparently at 180lb/ft but then was then up to a very tasty 250lb/ft... the after effects are brilliant, very responsive in all gears and a very noticiable pull in 5th gear now as apposed to before. Also Will mentioned that she was boosting realy well... so the old girls still going strong

The one issue that im going to investigate tommorow which is with the car is since the map, in 4th and 5th at around 1700rpm - 2100rpm i get a very noticable shake throughout the car when giving the car full acceleration. Almost like a clutch judder, thinking possible clutch, engine mounts, driveshaft etc?? But will investigate tommorow in the air. apart from that perfect, but this was probably an under lying problem that has become more apparent with the map. also on plus no clutch slip so thats also good news... obviously as you can see from the pics it was washed and polished yesterday lol

Image152.jpg

Image151.jpg

video of the second after mapped dyno run

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
The problem at 1700-2000rpm will be clutch/flywheel judder. Lot of stress on the drivetrain due to putting all that torque through it with a lot of wheel resistance.
Good results though dude. The wooo noise got any louder?

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
The problem at 1700-2000rpm will be clutch/flywheel judder. Lot of stress on the drivetrain due to putting all that torque through it with a lot of wheel resistance.
cheers tom, had a feeling it could be that, not a problem aslong as i no as i will just hammer it after that lol

Good results though dude. The wooo noise got any louder?
yea, definatly think so, the exhaust is also a hell of a lot louder through 2nd and 3rd

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Yeh managed to control it, and luckily the wheel stayed in the arch. Scary trying t slow down from 70 using only one fo your front brakes though.
Had to nick a bolt from each other wheel to bolt the spare on and limp it home. Bad times.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
yea or sunday evening ish then save travelling up to donny for chillicruise again

il have to meet you down seafront sometime this week for a wee chat

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
quick update nothing major but looking forward to it, is being fully power polished tommorow by a pro, ready for sunday's chillicruise, also will attempt to refit my ruddy side skirts.

cheers

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
couple of pics after a decent detail

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Also 1 side skirt is now missing due to someone blocking the entrance to a car park and me hitting a high kerb

cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.